Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Benelli or Remmington or Mossberg >

Benelli or Remmington or Mossberg

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Benelli or Remmington or Mossberg

Old 12-07-2003, 07:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Benelli or Remmington or Mossberg

In production since the 1950s....can't be beat, the 870 Express.
Old 12-07-2003, 08:38 AM

By a newbie, do you mean a kid? Although I'm a big Benelli fan (I LOVE my M1 Super 90!), I don't think I would recommend the Nova for a child, unless it was perhaps a 20 gauge. My girlfriend bought a 12 gauge Nova last year, and the frame on it was just too big and cumbersome for her to handle comfortably. As for Mossberg, I've got nothing good to say about them. Junk, in my opinion. I don't know how many of my acquaintences over the years have used the 870, but it has been a BUNCH! Although I've never owned one, I admire it greatly. It is a quality, workhorse of a hunting machine. I don't think you could go wrong with it.
Old 12-07-2003, 11:08 PM
Fork Horn

I too own an 870. Highly recomended
Old 12-08-2003, 02:11 PM

Or avoid all three and check out the Baikal MP153 semi auto. Very affordable and versitile. Will handle 2.75 up to 3.5" loads. I can't say I've heard anything negative about these shotguns, they are not pretty, but very reliable.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with BT here.All these guns will kill turkeys as well as the next.Heck i've killed birds with an old J.C.Higgins to an old Winch breakdown sigle shot that kicked like a dang mule when I was a kid.Regardless of the name on the gun the key to a good one is becoming comfortable with it,which really comes from being familiar with your firearm.I personally shoot an Ithica Mag 10 and have for about the last 20 years huntin gobblers.If you ask me if I think its the best gun out there I'd tell you certainly not simply because the market offers many more user friendly firearms to the perspective turkey hunter.But with that said I know the the gun,its feel,its trigger pull,its recoil,its limits,,and as a result have bulit up enough confidence over the years by becoming familiar with my gun that I know when the hammer drops the hunt is over.To me this is the best gun out there and no its not for sale....
Old 12-09-2003, 05:09 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]