Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Tagged out in Maine

Old 05-11-2021, 12:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Tagged out in Maine

Hi all after being on vacation this past week I did some great turkey hunting up here with few people tagging any birds as of yet. My week started out with missing them. One case I had them coming in and some hens spotted me and off they all went. My first bird was taken on Friday an 18 pound one with a 9 inch beard and both spurs being 1 inch. A nice bird for these parts. My second bird I decided to take a jake and it was shot on Saturday. I am trying to mentor a friend that is trying to learn how to turkey hunt. He missed one yesterday.. But we have been seeing a few and all but one bird came in gobbling. All the other birds have been tight lipped..That makes it hard trying to teach someone trying to learn the ways of a turkey hunter. I had taken the jake out because I have a lot of work going on with scraping and then painting my house. Also finishing up on the outside of my camp. I will use the jake fan in one of my decoys anyway that has one that has been getting used a lot. So the jake will serve well for that as well..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-11-2021 at 06:15 AM.
Old 05-11-2021, 05:41 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats, Always good when plans come to together. Hope your friend is hooked. Hunting for sure has been harder this season than in the past. Especially with them being tight lipped.
Old 05-12-2021, 08:30 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Tight lipped?
Severe case of Lock Jaw!
I did ok in Mich. Struggling in Wisc but then I'm not putting the time scouting I have past yrs. Just too much of life getting in the way.
Congratulations Phil.
JW
Old 05-13-2021, 02:28 AM
Fork Horn

Way To Go Phil ! Congrats !
Old 05-13-2021, 07:08 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats Phil!!
Old 05-13-2021, 08:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thank you everyone and yes JW lockjaw would serve as a better word for what’s going on..