HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tagged out in Maine
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 12:49 AM
Phil from Maine
Boone & Crockett

Default Tagged out in Maine

Hi all after being on vacation this past week I did some great turkey hunting up here with few people tagging any birds as of yet. My week started out with missing them. One case I had them coming in and some hens spotted me and off they all went. My first bird was taken on Friday an 18 pound one with a 9 inch beard and both spurs being 1 inch. A nice bird for these parts. My second bird I decided to take a jake and it was shot on Saturday. I am trying to mentor a friend that is trying to learn how to turkey hunt. He missed one yesterday.. But we have been seeing a few and all but one bird came in gobbling. All the other birds have been tight lipped..That makes it hard trying to teach someone trying to learn the ways of a turkey hunter. I had taken the jake out because I have a lot of work going on with scraping and then painting my house. Also finishing up on the outside of my camp. I will use the jake fan in one of my decoys anyway that has one that has been getting used a lot. So the jake will serve well for that as well..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-11-2021 at 06:15 AM.