Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Contest

Old 02-12-2019, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

Default Contest

I have decided not to run the turkey contest this year. With all the work that goes in to making the contest, and with the numbers in decline, I regret the contest has ran its course. My apologies to all.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

I can certainly respect that decision.

Thanks for all the hard work and time spent in the past years

It's certainly been fun the few years I've been involved.

-Jake
Old 02-12-2019, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's too bad. At least I can say I was on the last winning team of the turkey contest. Maybe we can still have a show your kill thread. We can at least see each others success.
Old 02-13-2019, 01:30 AM
Fork Horn

No Apologies needed, not your fault.
Thanks to you and the other Mods for all the work you put into the contest for all the past of contest years.
I have enjoyed it and will miss it.
I hope everyone has a safe and successful turkey season.

John
Old 02-13-2019, 02:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear but fully understand. Thanks for all the years you guys have run this contest.
Ray
Old 02-13-2019, 04:44 AM
Typical Buck

For whats its worth thank you for all the fun years doing this contest. Hate to see it go. Have a great and safe turkey season all. Jeff
Old 02-14-2019, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for they years of fun. The contest will be missed.
Dean
Old 02-14-2019, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

Don't just fade into HNI history y'all.... Just cause the contest is gone doesn't mean the stories and fun have to go to.

Start a thread about your season and your hunts. Share your photos and your score. The fun can still be had if we all post and share our hunts

-Jake
Old 02-14-2019, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

No offense but that decision could have been announced 8 days ago instead of saying you debating whether to have the contest or not. Not saying you shouldn't have put thought into it but posting that you're debating when you're making a solo decision doesn't come across as fair. It's like you're fishing for people to ask you to keep the contest instead of discontinuing it. If you wanted input or even debate, you could have asked for either and let people voice their opinion. At least that way, people could have helped move the discussion towards a decision. As it is, this way just makes people feel like the outcome was already decided and they wasted their time voicing their opinion. Not trying to be disrespectful but this kind of stuff is frustrating for a member.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

You're welcome to run it elkman.

These guys put allot of time and effort into this contest. Especially when it was full of people.

They asked about continuing the contest to see what the response level was. And a grand total of 6 people replied saying that they would definitely participate.

This factored into their decision I'm certain. They didn't ask, and then ignore a bunch of people's opinions.

This site used to run many contests. We've had everything from squirrel, furbearer, turkey and deer contests in my memory. Even youth only deer contests with 20+ participants. I believe there was a waterfowl contest for a while as well..

Simply put, the participation and the numbers just aren't there to support these anymore. Unfortunate, but it is what it is

-Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.