Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Montana

Old 12-18-2017, 06:22 PM
Spike

Default Montana

Anyone hunted Montana. Anybody got any tips for best areas or regions for best opportunities

Thanks

Buck
Old 12-18-2017, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

You might consider adding a few more details, such as game you're interested, DIY or outfitter, just yourself or you and the wife and/or buddies, etc. Some of the guys on here from Montana can likely help you narrow it down more.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:13 PM
Fork Horn

Montana is a huge state, and, like Cal said , need to narrow where you are looking. I only have experience in eastern half of state. River bottoms are best, SE Montana has quite a few, the ranch I hunt has good population, just off of Yellowstone. Good luck in your search, talk to some FWP folks and I am sure you can figure it out, another option, put together a hunt in SE MT, Black hills of SD and Pine ridge of NE.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:33 PM
Spike

Default Turkey

Looking for turkey areas and trying to do a little research. I have talked to two different people on here but totally different areas. I was trying to see if anyone else experience on the east or middle of state I think regions 5 and 7 I was leaning on the eastern for a possibility for swinging into South Dakota or Wyoming for another bird since I will be traveling from Florida. It will be just me and the wife for a spring hunt. I am hoping see can get a merriam as well. So far South Dakota looks good for public land in black hills area. It is a long way to go for a turkey so I am trying to maximize hunt time and minimize cost. It looks like Montana is mostly private land and isolated turkey populations so I am looking for any information possible. I will put in a call to the game and fish next week while I am off work

Thanks

Buck