Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkey sights

Old 02-01-2017, 11:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default Turkey sights

What aftermarket sights do yall recommend i look into for a moss 500 28" barell?
Old 02-01-2017, 11:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

I like the fiber optic sights on my mossberg mod 935 turkey gun, if I had to replace them I would go for the same thing the factory put on.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 02-01-2017 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-01-2017, 11:40 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
I like the fiber optic sights on my mossburg mod 935 turkey gun, if I had to replace them I would go for the same thing the factory put on.
Are they truglo or another brand?
Old 02-01-2017, 12:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't know, they are factory sights, front sight is a long green tube, about an inch and a quarter on a bracket that slides over the barrel rib and the rear sight is two red tubes on a bracket that is screwed to the rib and is adjustable. There is no writing on either sight. Perhaps you could contact Mossberg and ask them what they use. I wouldn't be surprised if there were after market sights of the same configuration. In the link, the sights on the left are the turkey gun sights, that red on both sides with the green in the center really catches your eye in dim light. http://www.mossberg.com/category/series/935-magnum/

Last edited by Oldtimr; 02-01-2017 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-01-2017, 01:20 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
I don't know, they are factory sights, front sight is a long green tube, about an inch and a quarter on a bracket that slides over the barrel rib and the rear sight is two red tubes on a bracket that is screwed to the rib and is adjustable. There is no writing on either sight. Perhaps you could contact Mossberg and ask them what they use. I wouldn't be surprised if there were after market sights of the same configuration. In the link, the sights on the left are the turkey gun sights, that red on both sides with the green in the center really catches your eye in dim light. http://www.mossberg.com/category/series/935-magnum/
Thanks oldtimr
Old 02-01-2017, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used the Truglo magnum gobble dot for years. It's an adjustable fiber optic sight. As I got older and my eyesight went south, I switched over to a Fast Fire red dot. ( FF3) Fantastic sight with very good customer service.
Old 02-01-2017, 02:13 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by RPD63
I used the Truglo magnum gobble dot for years. It's an adjustable fiber optic sight. As I got older and my eyesight went south, I switched over to a Fast Fire red dot. ( FF3) Fantastic sight with very good customer service.
Thanks ray. Can tha FF3 be put on a moss 500?
Old 02-01-2017, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Red dot scopes like the FF3 can be mounted on most any type of shotgun. If your gun is drilled and tapped it can be done pretty easy. My Nova was not drilled and tapped so I had to do it myself or I could of taken it to a gunsmith. A saddle mount is another option as is the speed bead set up....both of which don't require a drilled and tapped receiver. Check out the Burris website if you wanted more info. Truglo also makes a good red dot.
Old 02-01-2017, 02:48 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by RPD63
Red dot scopes like the FF3 can be mounted on most any type of shotgun. If your gun is drilled and tapped it can be done pretty easy. My Nova was not drilled and tapped so I had to do it myself or I could of taken it to a gunsmith. A saddle mount is another option as is the speed bead set up....both of which don't require a drilled and tapped receiver. Check out the Burris website if you wanted more info. Truglo also makes a good red dot.
10/4 will do. Thanks ray
Old 02-02-2017, 05:58 AM
JW
Super Moderator

I have used Tru Glo. The main reason to use sights. It forces you to keep your head down.
Stay away from any magnetic mounts. You will loose them. The Tru Glo I used allowed for windage and elevation. They used a hex screw to clamp to the vent rib. Simple to put on or off.
I have also used the Tru Glo that uses a plastic wedge to lock the sight body in place. Those are nice too.
Know the thickness of your vent rib as there are different models.
Used those for years until my old eyes could not adjust.
Now use a scope with a diamond reticle.