Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Mossberg 500

Old 11-09-2016, 08:06 AM
Typical Buck

What you need to do is go to oldgobbler.com. They have different forums of the performance of different turkey guns and choke and shell combo's. They have a spot for basically every common gun for turkey and what they have tried and produces the best pattern. Myself I shoot an 835 ulti-mag with a .680 kicks choke in it. Wicked combo. They can answer bout every question you have on a turkey gun. Great Site!!!
Old 11-10-2016, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Mossberg 500: it's been called "The little engine that could" of shotguns.
Old 11-11-2016, 05:45 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by FlaBoy18
Thanks for your advice. Where would i buy the factory choke? Should i look on mossbergs website?

I bought my choke from a Mossberg dealer. Yes Im sure the Mossberg web site will have them. I have tried the Undertaker choke and it did not perform as well as the factory choke.
Old 11-18-2016, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Spring season is a few months away. We wanna see pix of your smile behind the splayed out fan of a gobbler and your Mossy 500.
Old 11-18-2016, 09:44 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by JoeA
Spring season is a few months away. We wanna see pix of your smile behind the splayed out fan of a gobbler and your Mossy 500.
Yessir will do!
Old 12-02-2016, 02:16 AM
Fork Horn

I bought a Mossberg 500 combo years ago. It is likely my favorite and has killed dozens of turkey, deer, wolves, bear etc............ It is what it is, but good value for your money. As the previous posters said the more barrels and chokes you get the more versatile it becomes.
Old 12-04-2016, 04:07 PM
Typical Buck

I too bought one at W/Mart close to 10 years ago and it is even a youth model and came with 3 chokes.I use the factory full and have had success with Turkey,s and Pheasants.It is a 20 gage to boot.