Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Tagged out in Md

Old 05-06-2016, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Tagged out in Md

Was sittin in my gobbler lounge snozzin and around 10:00 a turkey gives it up about 60 yards out in front of me. About scared the heck out of me!!! Slide up in my seat got ready gave e a few clucks on mouth call and I see him comin down the mtn takin his good ol time... Finally gives me a shot at 50-55 yards... Dropped the hammer on him... Thought for sure he was a long beard... Oh well he was a nice heavy bird and he got my heart pumpin!!!

Two day later I redeemed my self with a nice 3+ year old limb hanger... This bird was a slick ol gobbler!!! Took me diggin way down in my trick bag to fool this bird... I knew with out even lookin at his Spurs that he was gonna have some nice Daggers on him and he did 9" beard and 1 1/4 sharp curved hooks weight maybe 17lbs... He was handle ing his business!!!
Old 05-06-2016, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tryed to post picks but no luck... Couldn't get them to load from photo bucket computer kept freezing up
Old 05-06-2016, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations. Get them pictures up. Lol.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

This thread is NO good with out Pic's

lol Congrats
Old 05-07-2016, 03:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Mr. Longbeard
Was sittin in my gobbler lounge snozzin and around 10:00 a turkey gives it up about 60 yards out in front of me. About scared the heck out of me!!! Slide up in my seat got ready gave e a few clucks on mouth call and I see him comin down the mtn takin his good ol time... Finally gives me a shot at 50-55 yards... Dropped the hammer on him... Thought for sure he was a long beard... Oh well he was a nice heavy bird and he got my heart pumpin!!!

Two day later I redeemed my self with a nice 3+ year old limb hanger... This bird was a slick ol gobbler!!! Took me diggin way down in my trick bag to fool this bird... I knew with out even lookin at his Spurs that he was gonna have some nice Daggers on him and he did 9" beard and 1 1/4 sharp curved hooks weight maybe 17lbs... He was handle ing his business!!!

WTG!!!! All I have seen so far was 7 jakes!!! NO hens or Toms at all so far. Yesterday morning two sounded off at 5:50am, but then went silent for the rest of the morning. That tells me they are henned up still. Hopefully another week and they will want to play!!!
Old 05-07-2016, 03:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Proof read before you post lol the first bird was a Jake... Sorry 3" beard but kinda looked like a super jake his Spurs were a little bigger than most I've seen and were jet black... But was a jake and I really don't like to shoot a jake but I won't rule it out if the season is getting tough...
Old 05-07-2016, 04:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

JW offered to post up some pics for me so they should be up soon thanks JW

I'm thinking because I'm using a tablet instead of computer is why I'm having trouble

Last edited by Mr. Longbeard; 05-07-2016 at 04:19 AM.
Old 05-08-2016, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by maytom
WTG!!!! All I have seen so far was 7 jakes!!! NO hens or Toms at all so far. Yesterday morning two sounded off at 5:50am, but then went silent for the rest of the morning. That tells me they are henned up still. Hopefully another week and they will want to play!!!
Yea your a little more north than I am you season prob gets good near the end of the season
Old 05-09-2016, 04:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

congrats
nice work.. pics!