Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
How many use one of these? >

How many use one of these?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

How many use one of these?

Old 03-06-2016, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default How many use one of these?

Was just curious as to how many actually use a Therma-cell unit during the spring season? Think I bought one when they first came on the market years ago, and swear by them. Keeps the skeeters and black flys away very well indeed. Would be lost without. Even have the holster that holds an extra butane bottle and several scent paks too.

Old 03-06-2016, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

One of the best things ever invented for the outdoors person!
Old 03-06-2016, 07:22 PM
Typical Buck

I own one but have yet to carry it on a turkey hunt. I've never really been bothered by skeeters. I will be packing it on my Colorado bow hunt in Sept. Better to have it than not.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thought they were gimmicky when I first saw the commercials. Then I met Ray Eye & Paul Butsky at a banquet. They swore they worked. I got one, and I am a believer. They work great.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:17 AM
Fork Horn

One of the few gimmicks that actually works on mosquitoes, not so good for black flies or gnats. I've been using one for over 10 years.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

In Florida, we don't go hunting without one...or two.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just mix permetherin 1.5 oz to the gallon and hose myself down, if skeeters land on ya they die, as do ticks, flys, blackflys, anything with 6 or 8 legs
RR
Old 03-07-2016, 12:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

I may start using a mixture like you're talking about for ticks, but I don't think I could ever remain still with the skeeters and black flies buzzing me even knowing that stuff is going to kill them!
Old 03-07-2016, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

buy 36.6% permetherin, mix it 1.5 oz to the gallon of water, they may buzz you but if they land on you they won't live long enough to bite, be very careful with it around honeybees, extremely toxic to bees of any kind. its extremely good for those houses that set in the sun that attract hordes of ladybugs and stinkbugs, also excellent for spider control in crawl spaces and basements.
RR
Old 03-07-2016, 01:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
buy 36.6% permetherin, mix it 1.5 oz to the gallon of water, they may buzz you but if they land on you they won't live long enough to bite, be very careful with it around honeybees, extremely toxic to bees of any kind. its extremely good for those houses that set in the sun that attract hordes of ladybugs and stinkbugs, also excellent for spider control in crawl spaces and basements.
RR
RR---If you or others haven't used the Thermacell before, you wouldn't believe how nice a zone of protection it provides from those flying critters. I have it for the flyers, but I may also try your method for ticks as they are the ones that I really hate with all the stuff they carry and if it also kills the other stuff that will be an extra benefit when I'm walking since I run and gun a lot. The main thing I've found about ticks is that if you take a good hot shower while checking yourself immediately after coming in from outdoors usually if any have made it through the clothing barriers they normally haven't attached yet and wash right off. I leave all my outer clothing out in our unattached garage and if any are on them they are probably gone before I put the clothes back on the next day. With that mixture they should be good and dead from what you're saying. Thanks!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 03-07-2016 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.