Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

ID this call?

Old 04-04-2015, 08:11 PM
Spike

Default ID this call?

This call was given to me as a gift some years back, and I would like to know who makes it and where I can find another one. The person I got it from has no clue.

On the back it says "East India Rosewood" Slate/Slate. There is a signature that I cant make out (Dave Butler?) and a 2008 date. Maybe someone here may recognize it? I really like this call (so do the turkeys lol) and would love to find another one or two.

" />

" />
Old 04-08-2015, 03:27 PM
Typical Buck

Let me do some checking.
Old 04-08-2015, 04:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

I can do some checking for you as well. I have a friend that makes some calls for NWTF.. and he has a pile of calls .. He is sort of like a call junkie or something like that.. If he doesn't know I am quite sure he can find out for you...
Old 04-08-2015, 08:09 PM
Spike

Thanks guys
Old 04-20-2015, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess the checking didn't work out huh lol... I'm sure you can buy yourself a nice custom call for under a hundred bucks that will sound as good or better!!! Give David Hollaran a try
Old 04-20-2015, 03:55 PM
Typical Buck

I couldn't find anything. If you want a custom call I can give you some names. Name your price range.

Halloran does make an excellent call. Here are some others....Knock Out Custom Calls, American Strutter, Yak Calls, Buckner Custom Calls, Sweet Apple Game Calls, Gospel Game Calls, and for $40 bucks I can make you a custom call (Martin Calls and Woodworks).

You can find most guys on Facebook. There are lots of custom call makers out there that make fabulous sounding calls.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

www.oldgobbler.com they have a section just for pot calls
Old 04-23-2015, 03:18 AM
Typical Buck

Also check Midwest Turkey Supply. Most of there calls are made by smaller makers that aren't carried in the box stores.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Look at Howard's Custom Calls. He makes good slate calls.
www.howardscustomcalls.com
Old 04-23-2015, 10:10 PM
Spike

If you think this call maker might be local, you might inquire on the turkey forum at Jesse's Hunting forums; it's California based. You might also go to the next local NWTF banquet, and see if the guys running it might ask attendees if they know anything.