Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
20g 870 scope mount question >

20g 870 scope mount question

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

20g 870 scope mount question

Old 04-02-2015, 05:46 AM
Typical Buck

Default 20g 870 scope mount question

What's a good scope mounting system for a 20g rem. 870?
Old 04-02-2015, 03:08 PM
Typical Buck

If you aren't going to tap it about all you have is a Weaver or B-Square saddle mount. If you plan on having it drilled and tapped there are tons of rails out there.
Old 04-04-2015, 01:29 PM
Fork Horn

like bald eagle said...ive got that exact same gun...I got a WEAVER CONVERTA scope mount and it is the easiest, sturdiest mount you can put on that gun...ordered mine from cabellas they run about $30
Old 04-14-2015, 10:22 PM
Typical Buck

Does your 870 have a vent rib barrel? If so then check out the rib mounts: http://www.aimtech-mounts.com/Rib%20Riders.htm
Old 04-16-2015, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have great success with many peoples shotgun systems, including 4 for me, using B-Square mounts. They have a great customer service and if they don't have the mount, it more than likely doesn't exist.
Old 04-18-2015, 04:45 AM
JW
Super Moderator

This is a sight I am fooling with at the present moment on a Youth Model Remington 870.

I am using the PXS 1000 Easy hit. Works using ambient light (not real good in a dark turkey blind), can be adjusted for windage and elevation, and it clamps onto your vent rib.

I used a Bushnell Lazer to dial it in a bit before I went to shoot.

Here is the red lazer the best I could do.

Started at 15 yards using 7.5 Trap loads.

My first shot I was not impressed with the pattern at all and then I found I had not replaced the Hasting Extended Choke tube! Dummy!
While it isn't bad it is not as tight as I thought it should be.

Put my choke back in and adjusted but went too far down. I like to use the Waddles as my Aim Point.

Then I went back half the turns on the back hex screw to bring it back up a bit,
My third shot

Pretty happy with that so now I tried a Winchester Supreme 3" #5 Turkey Load,

And real happy with that pattern. But I still need to run tests at 20, 30, 40, & 50 to determine my lethal range. I hope to get to that this weekend.

I bought this youth model for my grandkids but just might use it myself. Very light and will be easy to carry as a back up if I take the Xbow.

JW