Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Frustrating Turkeys!

Old 04-12-2014, 05:14 AM
Spike

Default Frustrating Turkeys!

For the past few weeks I could drive by my property and see 20-30 birds out in the front field. I also was getting a fair amount of trail cam pics of them. This is a new property that I have not turkey hunted mind you.....
Starting this week, seems the flock has broken up. Trail cam pics have stopped coming in and this morning I went out to see if I could hear them from the roost.....nothing. It was foggy this morning tho.

My question is: I have a blind set up where I was getting all my pictures. Most of the pics were at 7:30pm so I would imagine they were roosting fairly close. Should I be worried that I'm not seeing these birds a lot anymore and hardly no morning pictures? The set up in on the corner of a cut bean field.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

This time of year the flocks do break up...Scout, listen, observe and hunt..Patience has killed a ton of birds..
Old 04-12-2014, 01:11 PM
Fork Horn

They've spread out after the winter flock broke up.
There still should be some birds close by , it is
possible they have found a very good food
source and are hanging out near it instead
of your bean field.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

They almost always break up once the breeding starts as the toms are fighting each other and trying to get a hen.. It depends on how long your season is but given a few days and some will be wandering back their again with a few hens.. Good luck at getting one..
Old 04-13-2014, 09:44 AM
Spike

Yea it seems like they know your out to get e'm (sometimes thats true)
Good luck