Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Is it turkey season yet??? >

Is it turkey season yet???

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Is it turkey season yet???

Old 03-20-2014, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Grawlix
Less than three weeks to go!!!!

I won't be able to go as much as I'd like to (I never really can), but I will hunt as much as I can
Same here. I always have big ambitions of how much hunting I'm gonna do on my off days, but it never seems to work out that way...I got a grand total of 4 days of hunting time during deer season.....
Old 03-21-2014, 03:45 AM
Fork Horn

38 Days to go here... can't wait.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:57 PM
Typical Buck

10 days boys ready to go!!!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2014, 03:17 PM
Spike

Default Is it Turkey seasonyet?!

3 days to archery! Forecast tomorrow WINTER STORM WARNING 1"-4" SNOW wintery mix. Who knows turkeys are peculiar people when the hi press. comes in behind with past Qtr. going to full moon and potential warm up could be real good. I saw Doves back yesterday so warm up can't be too far away. Turkey season comes and goes without regard to weather. Having lived life long in South Dakota it will be good. "South Dakota The Land of Infinite Variety" Hoping all have great results this season wherever you are hunting.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:44 PM
Fork Horn

3 days to go, folks. Only 3 days. 72 hours. I have got to visit a client in a jail tomorrow afternoon, go to a dinner where my younger daughter is getting an award tomorrow evening, go see my Ma in a nursing home on Saturday and GO FREAKIN' TURKEY HUNTIN' ON SUNDAY ! !

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2014, 05:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Forecast tomorrow WINTER STORM WARNING 1"-4" SNOW wintery mix. Who knows turkeys are peculiar people when the hi press. comes in behind with past Qtr. going to full moon and potential warm up could be real good.
2 Years ago I saw 2 toms fighting it out over then hens during a small snow storm while heading out to check a trail cam.. So who knows how they will re-act to it.. If the hens have been ready the toms will be a looking for them..
Old 04-05-2014, 07:14 PM
Fork Horn

Tomorrow morning, folks. Tomorrow morning.

"Sleep is for sissies" and "you can sleep when you're dead".

Up at 3:30, and drive an hour.

It may be insanity.

But I don't want to be sane if it is.

I'll talk with you all tomorrow, and hopefully we'll all have some great stories, and more than a few turkeys.

Good luck, Folks !
Old 04-05-2014, 08:35 PM
Typical Buck

1 week. im allready havin a hard time sleepin. cant wait
Old 04-06-2014, 04:38 AM
Fork Horn

It was in Florida, when I got my first Tom of the season
a nice Osceola with 1 inch spurs ---but still 22 days to go
here in Maine. Only made tougher by the Tom that walked up
thru my field this morning and half way around my house
before going out my driveway to cross the road.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yes April 28th up here.. I saw 3 Toms in strut this morning while driving into work on a call in.. I am not sure if 2 of them were jakes or Toms though and they were where a guy feeds them. He does not allow anyone to hunt them on his land even though it was great to see them. The temps have been rising during the day and the snow is melting away slowly.. So it is shaping up to be a great season coming up for this guy up north here.. I do not see the number of birds we normally do as of yet . With our temps warming up I am quite sure they will all soon be showing up again..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 04-06-2014 at 05:29 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.