Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Nashville

Old 02-17-2014, 07:17 PM
Spike

Default Nashville

First off, I want to thank Clark Bush and his wife Doris for treating me so great in Nashville. They are both top-shelf folks in my mind, and I had a blast sharing a booth with them for 3 days. I couldn't have done any of this without their help and support, and I sure do appreciate that! They primarily sell TruGlo products out of their booth, but here's a picture of us in front of the Gobbler Nation banner that we hung for Doug Updike.

It was also entirely awesome to finally meet, shake hands with, and finally connect faces to the names and "handles" of so many people whom I've been conversing with over the internet for years without ever really knowing them. I was impressed with every last one, and we had many great conversations and shared lots of stories. Unfortunately, I didn't get many pictures, but here is one of a veritable "Murderer's Row" of turkey killers: firedup, myself, Smokey Pokey, allaboutshooting, trapperscott, TRKYHTR, and Cove.

Others who I got to greet and yuck around with but didn't get any pictures of were; LouisianaHunter and MommaLH, ads1, Kygobbler, fatbeard, Treerooster, DOC, hotrod3h, datrip, FireStrut, West Augusta, Shooter, Bobby Parks, vaturkey, and Grover. Sorry if I forgot to mention anyone, but it was a whirlwind 3 days and I talked to hundreds of people...literally!

I've never been a vendor at one of these things. Believe me, it's a lot of work, with very long hours! Occasionally I got a little time to wander around a bit, but the only things I bought were a set of original Mossy Oak Bottomland camoes and a pair of Diamond Wood Strikers (the ones on the outside in this next picture. However, Steve Torman gave me the real cool Apricot Wood Striker (in the middle), and these unbelievable trumpets in the picture were given to me by L T Pack (on the left), and Joe Slaton (on the right). Tremendous works of art, gentlemen, and I thank you profoundly!!

Sorry I didn't get more pictures, but that's it. Overall, I had a great time and it was a very enjoyable trip that I'm looking forward to again next year. Now, there's only about a month before we start hunting turkeys in FL, so let's talk gobblers!
Old 02-17-2014, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great Pics Bud, Talked to Asif in Edmonton this past weekend and hes cranked up about the hunt. A great guy and I'm sure you'll enjoy him. Just to give you a heads up if you get one he'll want to give the throat a cut, but make him do it after pictures lol.

Hope I'm down there at the same time and if so maybe get to meet you too...
Old 02-18-2014, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

really thinking about going next Feb... gotta get some books signed and pick up a couple calls for my collection