Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
hevi shot effective range >

hevi shot effective range

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

hevi shot effective range

Old 02-19-2014, 04:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe i'm looking at this wrong but MLB the passed here has got old and most have left because of it. I every now and then come visit and read but it is not very often. As far as replying I quit that too because of comments that are old.

Hope things have turned around because it use to be one of the greatest boards I visited...
Old 02-19-2014, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Adrian J Hare
Maybe i'm looking at this wrong but MLB the passed here has got old and most have left because of it. I every now and then come visit and read but it is not very often. As far as replying I quit that too because of comments that are old.

Hope things have turned around because it use to be one of the greatest boards I visited...

MLB, thanks for your posts and taking the time to start some conversation on this site.

I load TSS. I took a tom 3 years ago at 61 yards (checked with a rangefinder, not stepped off or estimated) with a #8/9 duplex load. I now am loading straight #9's. The duplex load gave me a good pattern to about 65 yards and had enough energy/penetration to kill out to 90 plus yards. #9's give me a better pattern at 60 and a good pattern to 70 with enough energy to kill at 70+. I don't plan on shooting ovet 60 give or take a yard or two and can say with confidence that my gun, load, and shooting capabilities that this is an ETHICAL shot. Now, for those of you who are huffing and puffing right now, just remember what lead shooters were saying about guys shooting hevi-13 over 40 yards. TSS is to Hevi-13 is what Hevi-13 is to lead.

Last edited by Matchbook454; 02-20-2014 at 04:21 AM.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

***Maybe you should either stay away or just read without posting because posts like you just made on this thread are not needed here and I do remember YOU were instrumental in the last big goaraound on here about long distance shooting of longbeards!
Old 02-19-2014, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

dude its really a mountain worth climbing!!!

I say just come on hear read what you want take it for what its worth... help a fellow brother out if you can and hopefully kill a couple Gobblers this spring...

Im ready hear that first wip er will and that first gobble of the year come on spring
Old 02-20-2014, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I did bag a 20 pound tom last spring at 30 yards, using a 3 inch Hevi Shot #5,6 and 7 round.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

What a troll !

He's just plain ruining this board and if your wondering MLB...
Go shine your $500 Russell "turkey hunting" boots.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:50 AM
Spike

Yes the #7 pellets have an effective range of around 35 yards, I would say that the number is set fairly low as I have seen it perform at longer ranges. But its a #7 and not designed for longer range shooting and moreso of pattern density. If you want longer range then look into 4's or 5's and you'll get your 50 yard plus effective range.