HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - hevi shot effective range
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 04:46 PM
Matchbook454
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Adrian J Hare
Maybe i'm looking at this wrong but MLB the passed here has got old and most have left because of it. I every now and then come visit and read but it is not very often. As far as replying I quit that too because of comments that are old.

Hope things have turned around because it use to be one of the greatest boards I visited...

MLB, thanks for your posts and taking the time to start some conversation on this site.

I load TSS. I took a tom 3 years ago at 61 yards (checked with a rangefinder, not stepped off or estimated) with a #8/9 duplex load. I now am loading straight #9's. The duplex load gave me a good pattern to about 65 yards and had enough energy/penetration to kill out to 90 plus yards. #9's give me a better pattern at 60 and a good pattern to 70 with enough energy to kill at 70+. I don't plan on shooting ovet 60 give or take a yard or two and can say with confidence that my gun, load, and shooting capabilities that this is an ETHICAL shot. Now, for those of you who are huffing and puffing right now, just remember what lead shooters were saying about guys shooting hevi-13 over 40 yards. TSS is to Hevi-13 is what Hevi-13 is to lead.

Last edited by Matchbook454; 02-20-2014 at 04:21 AM.