Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
What is a good mask for turkey hunting? >

What is a good mask for turkey hunting?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

What is a good mask for turkey hunting?

Old 01-13-2014, 08:54 PM
Spike

Default What is a good mask for turkey hunting?

With deer season coming to an end the day after tomorrow my thoughts are already aimed at spring turkey season. So here is my first question of many to come

I have been using those HS strut mesh mask for years and they are just a pain to put on. It's like trying to get dressed getting that mask set right on my head and it is very uncomfortable.

I have been thinking of trying one of those cloth half masks but I am unsure if they would stay in place. I have also kicked around the idea of using face paint but do I really want that on my face for half a day(we only get to hunt until 1pm here in MO) and I thought it would rub off easy on cloths going through the woods.

I am just wondering what kind of mask you would suggest that is easy to put on and is comfortable?

Also this is my first post here, I have been a reader off and on for a couple years.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator

I use the camo ballcap with the drop down face mask. It works for the turkeys and even worked on a buddy's dog that kept looking past my face area but didn't show any recognition (I was standing very still in full camo).
Old 01-14-2014, 07:36 AM
JW
Super Moderator

I use a half mask flat panel as I wear eye glasses and fogging becomes an issue at times.

I don't like anything across my eyes.

I have used several different types but the flat panel works the best for me. It is easy to pull up and easy to pull down and I leave it hang around my neck when I am up working towards a new spot.

Called a 3/4 panel face mask. Has an elastic head band and a moldable nose bridge. It is also reversible from camo to Black when I use a blind

JW
Old 01-14-2014, 11:59 AM
Fork Horn

I use a camo boonie hat with a drop down mask. I like the drop down masks cause it's one less thing I might forget at 5am. (which has happened before)
Old 01-14-2014, 12:14 PM
Spike

I have seen the hats with a drop down mask but I have wondered how durable they are.

One here that uses a drop down mask is the mask secure to hat or does it come loose easy?
Old 01-14-2014, 01:17 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigc870
I have seen the hats with a drop down mask but I have wondered how durable they are.

One here that uses a drop down mask is the mask secure to hat or does it come loose easy?
I've had mine for a couple years and had no issue with it coming loose, and it shows no sign of coming loose either. It's pretty well sewn on 75% of the way around the hat.