Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Coming in Silent

Old 05-11-2013, 06:00 AM
Fork Horn

Default Coming in Silent

Coming in Silent

It was with anticipation that I left home for an hour drive yesterday to share a video hunt with a new friend John Matthews.
John has a very nice property with friendly neighbors that give him sole permission to hunt.
I had already taken a Jake and wanted to video birds until towards the end of the season.
The rain at home stopped halfway on the trip, and with the sun out my excitement was building up as I scanned the fields for Turkeys feeding.
The lush green fields made for a very pleasant and enjoyable ride, although the aroma of fresh natural fertilizers made you close the windows on certain parts, announcing the coming of spring.I couldn't help but smile to myself as I was greeted with gobbles on the driveway with what seemed to be a bunch of Jakes and maybe one or 2 Toms.With John leading the way we bypassed where I heard the birds and continued on 500 yards to an edge of a winter wheat field.It seemed that the birds shut up the moment we entered the tent blind.
3 hrs on the hunt with intermittent calling, we never heard a thing. The Turkey vultures souring above entertained us in the quietness.We were just about to quit but decided to stay another 30 minutes.5 minutes later 3 Jakes and a hen ******ed by Lady luck were at the edge of the bush 100 yards away feeding. With few enticing soft clucks the Jakes headed for the blind leaving the hen behind ending up within 10 ft. of us.
They came in silently. Later on their way out I surprised them with a gobbler call and they gobbled back saying Aloha.
It was an enjoyable hunt that made for quality time and bonding friendship.
The rest of the story is in video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc2K1...ature=youtu.be

CHEERS,
louie

Check my other videos.http://www.youtube.com/user/loudavid001/videos?view=0

Last edited by huntrfishr; 05-11-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice video and a very nice looking chunk of land.