Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Extremely aggravated

Old 04-27-2013, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

Default Extremely aggravated

I began hunting a private piece of ground recently. Now I understand that land meets up with others land an all. The problem I have is Im all set up and hearing birds 200 yards away (5 to be exact). I hear a quad coming and then shut off. The guy starts coming towards my set up. We meet and talk about it. Basically he was on another property and was a decent guy and pointed where his blind was which was 300 yards from my set up on the neighboring property. Not closer to the gobbling turkeys. So I go back to my blind and wait for flydown not concerned with the other hunter. Well after flydown and turkeys headed my way. I have a good feeling and the birds are just over 100 yards away, I hear a truck. I turn and see the truck driving on the grassy field edge around the woods. There is no way the guy couldnt see the blind and my decoys. Now Im on the property Im suppose to be on field and all. The guy is dressed in camo and he proceeds to drive 3 feet from my blind and almost ran over my decoys in the process. He then slows and starts blowing his horn to scare off the turkeys. Then off he went and drove away. He did have decoys in his truck. So now the hunt is ruined. The guy was tresspassing. I couldnt get his license number or I would have reported him. I just dont understand why some people do this. He was in the wrong and I payed the price of his idiotic actions.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear of your hunt being ruined...he/she was Liberal tree hugger no doubt...they think they are saving a turkey's or wild game life...all the while filling their freezers with store bought meat Idiots like that need an ass whooping....
Old 04-27-2013, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

That really stinks. Sounds a lot like some of our public land adventures.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry to hear of your hunt being ruined...he/she was Liberal tree hugger no doubt...
I do not think it was some tree hugger at all. I am thinking an individual or individual that has no respect for others rights. Also trying to scare the birds to a direction they were planning on hunting in.

Here it is different in respect to public/private land. I hunt on paper company lands which is privately owned but open to the public. I had decoys set up 2 years ago in a place where I was calling in some turkeys. Someone driving by saw the turkeys coming into my decoys and set straight across from me and tried to call them. I couldn't shoot if I wanted to as I could not see the other hunter good enough. So I got out of my blind and scared them off. I never tried to call from that spot again.

Last year a friend set up in the same area and had his truck parked where it could easily be seen. Another truck came by and stopped and got out of the truck. A women came walking up and scared the turkeys away from him while a guy was walking the road. He shot one of the turkeys as it tried to cross the road. Some do not have any respect of others or others rights. My friend should of contacted a warden in his case. As here it is illegal to intentional scare game away from another hunter. That might have prevented this from happening again there at least. Who knows??
Old 04-27-2013, 04:40 PM
Spike

Should've shot a tire or two out.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:27 AM
Typical Buck

I honesty believe that there are less issues on public land than private land. One of my coworkers hasn't heard but very few birds on property that in the past has been full. He said that the guys on the property adjoining him have put the corn out heavy and slaughtered the birds.

In my 20+ years of hunting public land in Alabama I have never had issues even remotely similar to what you guys have mentioned.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:22 AM
EFH
Typical Buck

Arrow that just sucks bud, plain and simple!

I'm with baldeagle, never heard of someone ballsy enough to try that! I would freakin come unglued if someone did that to me!! I hate to know that there are even people out there who consider themselves turkey hunters that would stoop as low as that! If you can't call turkeys to yourself go fishin or sit at home and crochet yourself a tissue to cry in ya big loser, but don't ruin everyone else's hunt! So much more I would like to say....smh
Old 04-28-2013, 07:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

What a jerk. I would have also come unglued,.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Had my hunt ruined yesterday. Was hearing birds gobbling in the distance then a few minutes later hear twigs snapping etc. Was sure it was a deer until I see a ball cap bobbing through the woods on the adjoining property. Heading right towards where the turkeys where. Nothing I could do about it though.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why would it be ok for this jack wagon to drive all over the property your hunting... This makes no scenes to me... Unless they to have permission to hunt and were prob hunting this land before you came into the picture my guess...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.