Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Choke for 20 gauge

Old 04-19-2013, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Adrian J Hare
I got well over a $1000 in chokes and all of the above mentioned and Pure Gold .570 has the best yet for me...
Got that in tubes for just my trap guns!! Not to mention my waterfowl and turkey set-ups.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SecondChance
Got that in tubes for just my trap guns!! Not to mention my waterfowl and turkey set-ups.
OK so what is the quote about ? I'm lost your better because your sitting on a ton of chokes for all guns out there ? I'm plain lost here, I thought we were talking about turkey chokes, were we not ?
Old 04-22-2013, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Adrian J Hare
OK so what is the quote about ? I'm lost your better because your sitting on a ton of chokes for all guns out there ? I'm plain lost here, I thought we were talking about turkey chokes, were we not ?
Was just saying that you can spend tons of money trying to find the correct choke out there and still not have what you want/need. Go with the proven in the results on paper and titles, Stewart Wrights chokes are field and comp. proven tubes.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default chokes

you are making a too big a deal out of nothing, range is what you should be thinking and it should be close, like under 40 yds. then anything will do. it is the mfg. that are causing all the worry, not the turkey. technically you are trying to pattern the worst ga. of all as the more pellets it shoots, the worse it does the job.

cheers
Old 05-11-2013, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 14 ga
you are making a too big a deal out of nothing, range is what you should be thinking and it should be close, like under 40 yds. then anything will do. it is the mfg. that are causing all the worry, not the turkey. technically you are trying to pattern the worst ga. of all as the more pellets it shoots, the worse it does the job.

cheers
How is the 20ga the worst gauge of all? I fully understand and aggree 100% with the distance concept.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:24 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by 14 ga

cheers
You are right. I shoot over 400 pellets through mine and its only deadly out to about 65 yds