Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Snake question

Old 04-12-2013, 02:46 AM
Fork Horn

It is a python but not sure how it ended up in your neck of the woods other than someone releasing it. I do know they have major problems with them in Fla. and some other southern states but not out your way. I'd assume someone had it as a pet and it either got away or it got too big for them and they just dumped it somewhere. If it were me I'd keep it and try to sell it to someone. Not going to get rich but I'd alomost bet someone would want it. Nice find.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:48 AM
Spike

Totally agree with Thuderchicken, it's a python. My niece had one as a pet, but it was smaller. They get too big and people release them. Kill on site due to the fact they are not indigenous to North America and report it to your Wildlife officials.
Or, have them come get it.
I heard they don't taste bad.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

It is dead now...it was found trying to crawl up the side of a buddy's house while his yard was being mowed. Picture was sent to a TWRA agent who is a wildlife biologist, and he said that it was a gray rat snake. Whatever it was, it's dead now. And, it was a nice one!