Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Advice

Old 04-12-2013, 07:14 AM
Fork Horn

Default Advice

My set up: Sitting against two large trees. My back to a marsh and a 15ft high berm with a railroad track. On the other side of that marsh is a large field. To my front is another field. These two fields are split by a huge gulley. I heard a gobble about 630 but nothing showed. At 8am a flock of turkey popped out opposite side of the field to my front about 2-300 yards away. Then they walked back into woods. It seemed as if they circled around because about 15-30 minutes later I heard and saw more birds skirting the field behind me.

I am thinking I note time and set up on the edge of the fields where I saw the birds next time?
Old 04-12-2013, 08:26 AM
Fork Horn

more than likely the gobbler has hens real close and he only has to gobble once or twice for them to get to him. The fact that you saw a whole flock in that field confirms that fact. I would pattern that gobbler and the flock again tomorrow to see if they come out in the same area of that field and make my ambush site between the roost and the field ( staying in the woods line). If they circle around you again I would find an ambush site midway between the field and where you are seeing them again. One of these two statigies should work.

Last edited by rritchey sr.; 04-12-2013 at 08:29 AM.