Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
New Turkey shotgun under $500? >

New Turkey shotgun under $500?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

New Turkey shotgun under $500?

Old 01-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BigJoe79
You can't go wrong with any of the choices previously mentioned; the nova or the 870 will treat you well! Best advice I can give you is go shoulder and fondle the ones in your price range and pick what feels or suites you the best. Good luck in your search.

good info... Im partial to the Remington 870... I've got 2 of them and at 45-50 yards turkey takin a dirt nap... good luck on what ever you go with
Old 01-24-2013, 09:56 AM
Fork Horn

I setttled on a mossberg 835 with a turkey choke and it has taken many a turkey and still shoots a great pattern. Turkey at 50 yds is no problem with the 835.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:37 AM
Fork Horn

I'll second the Mossburg. I have a Mossburg 535 with extra full choke and a Simmons Prodiamond scope on it. It has taken many turkeys over the years. I have heard many people swear by the Remingtons, but I have never owned one.

My main turkey gun is an old Marlin Model 55 Goosegun with the 36 inch barrel that was handed down from my grandfather.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:01 PM
Spike

I shoot the Benelli Nova pump with jellyhead choke. I have had great success with it. I shoot Nitro Company shells #4,5,and7 combo. At 40 yds I put around 270 pellets in a 10 inch circle. Shells are a little pricy but when you only have to use one make it count.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:53 AM
Fork Horn

Buy American. Get a Remington or Mossberg.