Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Help!! Planning a Kansas spring turkey hunt >

Help!! Planning a Kansas spring turkey hunt

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Help!! Planning a Kansas spring turkey hunt

Old 01-02-2013, 10:50 AM
Spike

Default Help!! Planning a Kansas spring turkey hunt

I need help! Im from Missouri and im trying to plan a spring turkey hunt in Kansas. I think i have all the tags and permits figured out but where is the best place to hunt. I want to go after Rios and i will probably be using public land. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Last edited by jknaust; 01-02-2013 at 10:54 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not a turkey hunter myself, so I don't want to recommend any place.

I do want to point out the walk-in hunter access program. They lease access from local landowners. The information/maps are available at the KDWP website, and you can often get them at local stores. We don't have a lot of public land here, and this helps a lot.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:48 PM
Spike

I seen that but wasn't sure exactly how that works I guess you just walk on to someone's farm. Seems kinda weird but I will definately look into it some more. Thanks for the tip
Old 01-27-2013, 12:33 PM
Spike

Hey if you come across any more info let me know. I've got tags too and am going up there for the first time. Can't wait!
Old 01-28-2013, 03:36 AM
Fork Horn

Use the Walk -In Hunting Atlas and find those locations on Google Earth..you can get some idea of what the land and topography look like.

The 2013 version should be out late Feb., Early March

Gman
Old 01-28-2013, 08:07 AM
Spike

Thank you!
Old 01-28-2013, 10:25 AM
Spike

I have never hunted Kansas for turkey but I would love to know how you do. I know any turkey hunting is fun. Getting the access is the hardest part. Good luck.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default where to go

click on the kansas fish and game, go to turkey info, go to walk-in property and you can print the atlas or individual pages right then and there. then you can google. if you are after rio's then it is mostly the n. western 1/2 of the state. if you find draws, big trees and usually water, there will be turkey there. mostly the farmers hate them so getting on the land is usually no big deal. i see more turkey hunting than i do pheasants, now, that's a big change for kansas

cheers