Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Is anyone in Missouri having luck? >

Is anyone in Missouri having luck?

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Is anyone in Missouri having luck?

Old 04-27-2012, 06:45 AM
Spike

Default Is anyone in Missouri having luck?

I had a chance to go last Saturday and only managed to call in a few Jake's but other than that I heard no actual Gobbling anywhere. I haven't heard from any of my friends about getting a bird or seeing any real action either. I'm just wondering if anyone else in Missouri is finding it to be an odd season.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator

I made 2 trips to Missouri this year. Opening day I filled my tag but heard no gobbles. I eventually killed at 12:20 pm opening day. He came in silent. The next week I was out again the following Monday. I heard 9 different gobblers. Needless to say they didnt come due to being henned up. But eventually the hens lead two gobblers right into my set up and me and my buddy got a double kill. Thats been my experience in Missouri for this year.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:41 AM
Typical Buck

By far the worst I have experienced in many years. I live in southern Mo and I heard several early but they have lock jaw or something. They are henned up pretty bad right now. A couple of buddies have killed and they said they didn't even hear a gobble till 8 am, and killed at 8:30 am. They just don't want to play for some reason.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:41 PM
Spike

Well I'm happy to report back that I tagged one this morning. Finally found one that would gobble and he came right in. Tough year in Missouri but a memorable bird though. I'll get pics up soon.