Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
What to get a landowner... >

What to get a landowner...

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

What to get a landowner...

Old 04-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Spike

Default What to get a landowner...

Just got the call today that I got permission to hunt some mountain birds in Southern Colorado. I was planning on hunting public, but threw up the long shot and it came through. Should be an awesome place to hunt and bag my first Merriam's turkey.

Anyways I want to get the landowner something to show my appreciation. I was thinking a honey baked ham or something along those lines. I would like to stay away from booze (it would probably go well, but can be offensive to some people). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

A good solid handshake and a thank you would probably be enough. Plus show the property owner respect for his family and his property. But throwing in a big ham would be good also.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:20 AM
Fork Horn

jelly of the month club.... its the gift that keeps on giving
Old 04-11-2012, 05:48 AM
JW
Super Moderator

I give Kringles (Danish Pastry) and or S.C. Johnson Company Product such as zip loc bags, Glade, Shout, Pledge, Windex, OFF!, etc. This is well recieved or give a Restuarant Gift Certificate or a grocery store certificate. I also stay away from alcohol......
I ahave always given soemthing as a thank you.........I feel I am remembered more. I also do send Christmas cards - There are a few landowners I call from time to time...and a few I have helped with some type of labor. Those I meet or call you would be amazed at the info you get about the game inthe area.....
Another reason is each yr we meet, they get the gift and I learn of what they have seen and where I can and can't go for that yr. Even been told go talk to so and so and say I sent you! It works.

JW
Old 04-11-2012, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rlpsystems View Post
jelly of the month club.... its the gift that keeps on giving
Love it! Classic.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

I got permission to hunt a small piece of property last year where I shot my six spurred turkey. I stopped in after the hunt to thank them again and showed them what I got. I then went back and dropped off a package of wild turkey breast tenderloins. They enjoyed them much.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:42 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Also keep in mind, is the landowner married? If so whatever you give keep her in mind. A little something extra, like flowers just for her, and the restaurant gift card idea are always good, gets her a night out. Cause we all know, if the woman is happy everybody is!!
Old 04-13-2012, 05:59 AM
Fork Horn

Mushrooms and a bag of crappie can't beat that.