Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

I found them

Old 04-09-2012, 05:37 PM
neb
Typical Buck

Default I found them

The field I hunt had 5 tom's with 15 hens tonight. They where strutting and chasing some. These birds been tight lipped so far. The weather has been warm till this last weekend and this week is suppose to be cooler and rainy this weekend. These birds I have watched the last 2 weeks and they come out in this field every night. I haven't been able to get there in th emorning but I'n sure there close by. The season starts Sat.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:58 PM
Spike

Go gitem we want pic's of the winning bird.
GE
Old 04-09-2012, 10:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good Luck!
Old 04-10-2012, 02:35 AM
EFH
Typical Buck

Sounds like it should be a fun hunt!
Old 04-12-2012, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

Watch them in the evening and see where they roost. I bet they are roosting very close to that field and may even fly down out into the field first thing in the morning if you put out a few decoys in a visible location close to where they are roosted. The objective is to get the toms to fly directly to your decoys before the hens fly down. Throw a jake decoy out there too just in case a hen flys down first to keep her there. Nothing beats a live decoy to help you. I've done this many times with success. Good luck.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:24 PM
neb
Typical Buck

I would say the same thing. They are spending the night fairly close by. I will give it a try Sat. morning. I will do what you have said a jake and a hen. I should see some action but you never know. I was out there last night again and only seen 3 hens in that field but abot 1000 feet away 3 big toms where down below in a differant field. The birds are there just have to have a little luck. Thanks for your help.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don't crowd the roost tree (if in fact, you know which tree/trees they are in) - set-up 100 to 150 yards away.

Now if you have patterned them first thing in the morning, and know their travel path, put your dekes in that corridore.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:29 PM
neb
Typical Buck

I have a very good idea where they spend the night and you are right not to crowd them. I haven't been able to get out there in the mornings but I do know where they are in the fields about 9:00 AM. In evenings they are a field over from the morning and I will set up between the two fields. I will get my chance I know that it is just when. I kill birds here every year but seem to have better luck later in the season for some reason. I really have a hard time this time of year to turkey hunt or shed hunt. I hope I get it done sooner then later this year.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:43 PM
Spike

Sounds like it should be a fun hunt!
Old 04-13-2012, 05:19 AM
neb
Typical Buck

I got out this morning and the turkeys where just coming in to the field. They came in just where I want to set up. I haven't set up the blind yet will do it later on today, i will have to find a better spot and adjust some. Do you think I will bunp them out of there if I go in later today?? I usaully have things set up but this year I just didn't get the time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.