Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Pure Gold choke cleaning? >

Pure Gold choke cleaning?

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Pure Gold choke cleaning?

Old 11-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Fork Horn

Default Pure Gold choke cleaning?

I just bought a gently used .670 Pure Gold turkey choke that was filthy when it arrived. Question: how do you folks clean those small, angled port holes up front? Is hand-tightening this choke enough? There does not seem to be a way to wrench-tighten it. Thanks for your help...
Old 11-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot the Gold Series Tubes in my Citori O/U Trap guns and I just take them and drop them in a bottle of Hoppes gun cleaner for a few minutes to loosen the powder and plastic as I clean the rest of the gun.
After I get done with the rest and cleaning the barrel threads of the choke tube, I take it out of the jar, wipe it off and use a pipe cleaner to get the ports cleaned out. I then wipe the threads clean with a rag and re-apply anti-seize to the threads and re-install. Good to go!!!!
And hand tighten is plenty for choke tubes. I just make sure each time I use it that they are tight and if you are shooting alot, just check it every now and then and you are good to go!!!! Even when shooting 2 and 300 bird derbys in a day, they more times than not will not come loose.