Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Ridges or Bottoms

Old 04-25-2011, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ridges or Bottoms

I'll be leaving wed.morning for my Nebraska turkey hunt....
was wondering what y'all preferred to hunt, the ridges or bottoms...any tips y'all want to throw my way is welcomed too
Old 04-25-2011, 04:00 PM
Typical Buck

What ever the turkeys prefer lol! Good luck on your hunt cant wait to hear how you do.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by swampbuster
What ever the turkeys prefer lol! Good luck on your hunt cant wait to hear how you do.
Oh haha........I guess I'll just have to wait and see what they are doing.....
Old 04-26-2011, 04:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like to work a bird from above or the same level. rather than below.Just alot easier to move on him if ya have to. If the bird is lower it's alot easier for these old legs to move down hill rather than up.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

very nice........Thank you both...I know where they were roosting last year, so that is one place I'll start, I just need to get a farther than I did....I killed the bird but it was hell trying to catch up to them, I need to get in front and have them come to me I'm just trying to imagine every possibe scenario...I need to just get out there and enjoy myself.......I'm so excited.....thanks again for the insight....woohooo I'm going to be in Nebraska in less than 24 hours......
Old 04-26-2011, 10:55 AM
Spike

I'll let the location of the birds decide that. If you can determine where they are roosting the night before you can be set for your morning hunt. A gobble tube at dusk just might make them slip up and give away their position. And that gobble tube can be good early for getting them to sound off on the roost (as long as there aren't other hunters on your land). If you can't tell... I love my gobble tube. The only downside is that they are good for calling in other hunters...
Old 04-26-2011, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heck Ma, You been a turkey killin machine for years.I'll wish ya luck but I know you'll do good.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Jalvja for those words of support and encouragement.....I know if I go out there and apply what I know I might have a chance and thats all I can ask for......
Thanks RR ...last year the hens and gobbler were fairly close together but they did travel up hill, then down hill, then up hill, lol but they were climbing higher overall....they about killed me, lol.
NHA...I'm hunting public land so I don't know about the gobbler tube but anything is possible....there's so much land and out there I doubt I'll even see another hunter.
Thanks guys......I'll post when I get back...cross your fingers.