Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

nitro loads

Old 04-12-2011, 05:53 AM
Spike

Default nitro loads

any opinions on nitro hevi shot shells? they are bout 6 dollars a piece an i want some1 to let me know what they think. I use a 870 super express with a .660 kicks choke
Old 04-12-2011, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got turned on to them 2 years ago and havent looked back.

Ya, theyre pricey. But in the end, you dont have to do any more patterning because I guarantee youll get the best pattern ever. They definetly arent necessary to kill a turkey.

I bought 10 shells two years ago. Used one to pattern and noticed the best pattern ive ever seen in my life. Then I used one to kill my bird. Now I have 8 left. Since Michigan allows 1 bird per season, thats 8 more seasons theyll last (because I dont plan on missing).
Old 04-12-2011, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nitro makes very good shells. I recommend the hevi straight #7 shells.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Best shells out there. If I had just went with these first in every turkey gun I ever purchased I would have saved hundreds in ammo expenses incurred while searching for the best patterns which would have more than offset the cost of the Nitros.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I swear by Nitro. I've never used the hevi shot. But I use what they recommend for my shotgun, and I will say 35 pellets in head & neck alone on target at 40yds.! Its worth the $.