Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Do you really need a camo shotgun? >

Do you really need a camo shotgun?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Do you really need a camo shotgun?

Old 04-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Typical Buck

Sales gimmick, maybe. Cool, DEFINITELY!

rw
Old 04-08-2011, 04:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not sure I understand the sales gimick thoughts, no one forces anyone to buy anything dipped, you can get most guns and bows with no camo. Like I said, it certainly isnt going to hurt, and I love tweakin my stuff out, cars, trucks, Harley, bows, guns, etc.... with whatever, rims, tires, paint, sights, dipping, stabalizers ..... adds a little something personal to your gear.

Old 04-08-2011, 06:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have never owned a camo gun...I used a double for 15 years or so and started using this B-80 over 25 years ago...It has a gloss finish, just can't stand to think about covering it up...

Heck, at 6ft 5 and 240ish, it ain't the gun I have to worry about them seeing...

This gun fits me to a T and points naturally...It also throws a great pattern, that's what's important...

Old 04-17-2011, 07:51 PM
Spike

Well i bought a camo gun its a 870 shurshot and i didnt even pattern it when i got my bird
Attached Thumbnails Do you really need a camo shotgun?-matts-gun.jpg  
Old 04-25-2011, 05:20 PM
Spike

I don't think i would make a difference i would just be carefull of the glare if you have a shiny stock/barrel.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

This question has come up before on this post, with much the same consensus. My current turkey boomer is a camouflaged Win. 1300. Need the camo? No, but I figure why make it easier for the bird to spot me?

Instead of wondering, here's an image of the last thing some geese saw in Saskatchewan a few years ago. I don't think it'd look much different to a turkey.
Attached Thumbnails Do you really need a camo shotgun?-2-joe-aiming-jab.jpg  
Old 04-25-2011, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Needed? Naaaa. I hunted with a standard blued steel and wood shotgun for years. Then I used a black synthetic stocked gun for years. I have a camo shotgun now but only because I like how it looks.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:47 AM
Spike

i know plenty of guys who outhunt me every year w a remington 1100 w 2 3/4 in shells! lol no camo and no 3 1/2 in shells! i like the 3 1/2 in shells bc it gives me a lil more range if i cant get em in close enough and i think the camo just looks awesome! lol but as long as you sit still there is really no need for camo unless you just have a stainless steel gun or something and i havent seen too many stainless steel shotguns! :-)