Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
2011 Turkey contest, scoring question? >

2011 Turkey contest, scoring question?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

2011 Turkey contest, scoring question?

Old 03-15-2011, 03:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default 2011 Turkey contest, scoring question?

If I call a bird in and one of my children shoot it, is that a bird I can score?
What is more important being able to find, set up on, call in a bird or just being a good shot and pulling the trigger?

If I was a rich guy, I could go pay money to have someone call a bird in and shoot it at 20 yds. Does that make that guy a better TURKEY HUNTER than the guy that calls it in and lets his son shot it?

Thanks John
Old 03-15-2011, 04:34 PM
Spike

well i can't answer your question john, but i would like to say you are doing a great thing. good for you. i feel the same way.

last year i called in a jake and a long beard, 2 different setups at 40 yards for my 8 year old, he had the hammer ****ed back and the safety off each time but with a 20 guage, improved barrel, and low brass, i don't think it would have done the job. for this year i got the gunsmith to put remmingtion threads in his rossi so i an screw in an undertaker or tight wad...plus this year i am going to sneek in a high brass mag 5 shot. he will never feel it after the bird is flopping in the dirt!

he also loves tackeling canadian geese when we just break the wing bone!
Old 03-15-2011, 06:48 PM
JW
Super Moderator

If you are referring to the HNI Spring Turkey Contest - NO - what can be legaly entered is a bird legaly harvested by you and only you. Just because you called it in and your son or another hunter holds the legal kill tag you can not use that as a bird for the contest here.

In short you can not take credit for someone elses kill/

Sorry
JW