Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Hope they still around

Old 02-14-2011, 07:24 AM
Spike

Default Hope they still around

I got this group of birds early bow season. I hope they are still around. Not that big but for my first bird I would be happy.
and this is some hens that I got in another stand. I plan on going out and putting some more cams. out and see if I cant find any new one.
Attached Thumbnails Hope they still around-mdgc0229.jpg   Hope they still around-mdgc0235.jpg   Hope they still around-mdgc0134.jpg  
Old 02-14-2011, 08:45 AM
Typical Buck

Looks like some nice gobblers!
Old 02-14-2011, 10:43 AM
Spike

Thanks! I sure hope to get one of them.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know how your feeling, all through september and october I was getting pics of 5 gobblers together on pretty much a daily basis. Hopefully they are still close in a couple months.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:07 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Good luck with those birds! Man those birds are plenty big. I've been turkey huntin all my life, don't think any of us wouldn't shoot one come opening morning! haha!
Get those cameras back out and lets see those pics.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Spike

Put out four cams yesterday. found some really good looking spots. I will be going out next weekend and ill post some on here. Should I be looking for where the hens are or what.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:38 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Kind of early still. but you are correct ~ find where the hens want to be. They do nest same areas yr after yr.

JW
Old 02-20-2011, 06:01 PM
Spike

ok bc the 3rd pic is a spot that I always see hens while deer hunting but always forget about it when turkey come around
Old 02-23-2011, 08:06 PM
Spike

Default Good Scouting day( kind of long)

so I could not wait till this weekend to go check the cam. I got off work early and I hit the woods. So my first cam had not one pic. the second cam had 93 pic and had some good pic. As I was walking to check my third cam I looked out over the cut over into one of my food plots and guess what 6 big turkeys. They were about 350 yards away. I was watching them for about 10 min and was about to keep on walking and looked over to another food plot that was about 80 yard away and guess what? yep four big ole toms. I almost sh#t my pants. so I stayed low and watched them. I could not check my third cam bc the bird. So I went to my fourth cam and had like 1000 pic on it. ( o i love the wind and tall grass) but I have 6 jakes on came so should be a good year. ( the pics are from the last stand I have.)
Attached Thumbnails Hope they still around-mdgc1009.jpg   Hope they still around-mdgc1010.jpg  

Last edited by LamboIcon; 02-25-2011 at 12:23 PM.