Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Dave Smith Decoys

Old 02-17-2011, 07:39 AM
Spike

Default Dave Smith Decoys

How many of you use Dave Smith Decoys? I have a few and can't believe how real life they are. I can't wait for the season to open!!
Jen
http://beachbodycoach.com/nehuntress
Old 02-17-2011, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I had the money, I'd have them. Have you seen the new struttin tom for this year? Guys on the other forum I frequent always have great pics and videos using these. Very impressive. Maybe next year. Go Huskers
Old 02-18-2011, 07:46 AM
Spike

Oh that strutting Tom is a beauty. I would worry he'd scare off some of the less dominant birds-he's so dang realistic!
Ps. I didn't have the money for mine either-they were on my Christmas list!

Jen

http://beachbodycoach.com/nehuntress
Old 02-19-2011, 07:11 AM
EFH
Typical Buck

I had never seen these before, had to check them out after reading your post. DANG!! They are good lookin! Do they carry easy? If so I'm Gettin a hen for sure. Looks like the strutter would get you shot! Haha
Old 02-19-2011, 04:38 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Me? None ~ too expensive!

I do use decoys and my ole bobble head works just fine.....

JW
Old 02-20-2011, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

As they look good I have also heard some stories that one should keep in mind. I heard that the warrenty on the DSD are Nil and they have had issues with shipping that the company would not stand behind. Now I'm not saying this is true but rather only heard.

The new Zink decoy is every bit as good and is also much lower in price. I'm also like JW and like the Bobblin head too but that company has gone into the ground, so when mine is gone so I bought the zink feeder for a back up
Old 02-20-2011, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Adrian J Hare
The new Zink decoy is every bit as good and is also much lower in price.
LMAO!!! You are out of your flippin' mind with that statement!!! I am willing to bet that you have NEVER compared the 2 side by side ?!? I dare you to post up a photo of the Zink's next to a DSD and let everyone decide for themselves...... they aren't even CLOSE!!!

I realize that the DSD's a a little expensive but it confuses me is that folks shell out $1,000 plus on a bow or shotgun rig to hunt with, $5 a shell to shoot at 'em, Hundreds in camo and a fancy turkey vest but yet complain about a decoy that is nearly industructable and will last a lifetime ?!? Huh? I think some folks are only happy when they have something to complain about ?!?
Old 02-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed
LMAO!!! You are out of your flippin' mind with that statement!!! I am willing to bet that you have NEVER compared the 2 side by side ?!? I dare you to post up a photo of the Zink's next to a DSD and let everyone decide for themselves...... they aren't even CLOSE!!!

I realize that the DSD's a a little expensive but it confuses me is that folks shell out $1,000 plus on a bow or shotgun rig to hunt with, $5 a shell to shoot at 'em, Hundreds in camo and a fancy turkey vest but yet complain about a decoy that is nearly industructable and will last a lifetime ?!? Huh? I think some folks are only happy when they have something to complain about ?!?
Well said!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2011, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed

Well to start, I by no means am complaining about a thing and don't ever have too. The DSD is a very nice decoy but as far as being any better for the price difference and for the warrenty that I have heard about them, they are not worth the extra.

I really don't give a flying hoot about any decoy but would not pay over the 100 mark on something that a company will not stand behind.

Here's the pic and I only wish I had gone over to the DSD booth now and took a pic.

Dave Smith

Last edited by Adrian J Hare; 02-21-2011 at 06:39 AM.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:22 PM
Spike

I almost bought the Zink feeding hen at the NWTF Convention on Saturday. Looking back, I wish I would had. Don't know anything about the DSD decoys but that they do look good. I like the Zink decoy because you can deflate them and roll them up tight, which saves room and makes them easier to carry. I guess I will be forking out 80 bucks for the decoy before season starts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.