Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Great afternoon on the stand >

Great afternoon on the stand

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Great afternoon on the stand

Old 12-27-2010, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Great afternoon on the stand

Deer, what deer. Sitting on the stand this afternoon not seeing deer, I hear turkeys feeding behind me. They start flying up to roost and my full attention all of a sudden goes to roosting turkeys. I have two longbeards above me and 10 to 12 unknown turkeys around me. A ten point could have walked in front of me and I wouldn't have even known. I wait til dark not to see a deer, but not to spook the turkeys. I see where my priorities lie. Turkey season can't get here soon enough. I'll be in the same stand in the morning with my camera.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:39 AM
Fork Horn

I have been thinking the same thing... I was deer hunting this archery season on my property and had three toms come in dragging there beards on the ground. I was itching to take one but I know i'll have plenty of opportunities this turkey season. The turkey population here in southern MI is exploding. Just driving a few miles to get some groceries its not a suprise to see a hundred turkeys in fields.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't have near that many turkeys down here,but I usually manage to kill 1 or 2 longbeards each season on my place. I went back this morning to the same stand with my video camera. After fly down, two longbeards and seven jakes put on a real show for the camera. Who knows if a buck walked out. My full attention was on the turkeys. Looks like this season and a few seasons to come may be pretty good. Only 2 1/2 months to go.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know that feeling to well , but its sure exciting ...
Old 12-29-2010, 04:14 PM
Typical Buck

I know the feeling superstrutter... I've got turkey hunting on the BRAIN big time!!!! I cannot WAIT for the season to open. I'd love to see those pictures if you get some! ..... Axiously awaiting! LOL

Kim