Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
newbie to turkey hunting? >

newbie to turkey hunting?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

newbie to turkey hunting?

Old 11-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default newbie to turkey hunting?

im a deer hunter, im 14 and my dad has been taking me since kindergarten. he has hunted alot of turkey in his past but ive never been exposed to it or had much interest in it, so why do you guys like turkey hunting over deer or other game? ( i would enjoy bowhunting turkey like i do for deer)
Old 11-09-2010, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

The reason i prefer turkey hunting is bc you get to move around and actually call to and hear the animals respond. Also u can just sit against a tree with a shotgun and call em up and hear em gobble (if its a good morning, u dont always hear em gobble) its a very exciting hunting experience, and ur not just sitting in a deer stand waiting. But dont get me wrong i love deer hunting. i get a thrill out of seeing deer as much as i get a thrill out of hearing a gobbler and chasing after him. Its all a different experience and its good to have a mixture of different types of hunting.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:59 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bayou_buckslayer
The reason i prefer turkey hunting is bc you get to move around and actually call to and hear the animals respond. Also u can just sit against a tree with a shotgun and call em up and hear em gobble (if its a good morning, u dont always hear em gobble) its a very exciting hunting experience, and ur not just sitting in a deer stand waiting. But dont get me wrong i love deer hunting. i get a thrill out of seeing deer as much as i get a thrill out of hearing a gobbler and chasing after him. Its all a different experience and its good to have a mixture of different types of hunting.
Wow. I really don't know how you can put it much better if you're looking for a reason to start turkey hunting. Bayou hit the nail on the head right there. If you are looking for tactics we got plenty of those too just say so