Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Gobbler Shaker???

Old 07-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Spike

Default Gobbler Shaker???

Hey im planning on fall turkey hunting this year, and everyones telling me about this Primos Gobbler Shaker. Does it sound good? Has any body used it?
Old 07-07-2010, 04:52 PM
Typical Buck

I DOUBLE THAT!!!! I have one and it sounds REDICULOUS!!!! Hahaha Anyone with suggestions on how to use these --- I would love to hear it! I tried practicing with it, but really couldn't get it to sound like I would expect it to...

Kim
Old 07-08-2010, 06:26 AM
Spike

Ok thx anyways
Old 07-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default public land

Careful using it on public land, if you sound like a gobbler other hunters will key on it. If it is private land and you know you are the only one on that spot it's a little safer.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Fork Horn

They sound ridiculous because you are so close to it. I have had one and used it the last two spring seasons and two times it has landed me a hung up bird. They work. I use it on public land, just watch out for other hunters.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:07 PM
Typical Buck

I bought one, mainly because it's hard to find enough stuff to fill up all those pockets in my turkey vest and I don't like wasting space

No, I figured it would be a last resort weapon for a hung bird, or even a good locator call. I never had any luck with it til this year. I had a bird hung for over an hour and tried it on him. He gobbled back as much as I shook that thing. Of course he gobbled at every noise I made that morning. He ended up being a victim of a hen yelp (after I backed all the way out of the woods to the next fencerow and called to him, then ran back to my setup)

Try one. Might as well, right? If it only lands you one gobbler in your lifetime, that would make it worth it.

rw
Old 07-18-2010, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I carry one though seldom use it.I used to carry and really like the one made by Red Wolfe(that was his name)Lent it to someone and never got it back.Now if I could just remember who I lent it to. MO Archer is right.Like almost evry turkey call they sound better from a distance.