Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
An idea for your turkey fan mount >

An idea for your turkey fan mount

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

An idea for your turkey fan mount

Old 05-19-2010, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default An idea for your turkey fan mount

This turkey is the one my dad got this year. The first turkey taken in our family so we convinced my mom into letting us put it on the wall.

I made the wooden plaque deal. I cut it out like the shape of a turkey, or somewhat like a turkey. Then used a walnut stain to have it blend somewhat in with the turkey, so it didn't look odd.

Old 05-19-2010, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator

That is Very Cool.
Congratulations.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

good idea... Looks good
Old 05-21-2010, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ugly display in my opinion! Just went a bit overboard... would have looked better on a much smaller plaque with just a simple tail fan.

To each their own, I guess.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:48 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Very cool display in my opinion! Especially if its the first one you have ever done! Congrats to your dad and thanks for sharing...but to each their own i guess!
Old 05-22-2010, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed
Ugly display in my opinion! Just went a bit overboard... would have looked better on a much smaller plaque with just a simple tail fan.

To each their own, I guess.
In a way, I can agree with you. I could have made the plaque smaller. Ill have to think about that for the next one. But this is my first one and I like it just the way it is.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Pope94/IA
In a way, I can agree with you. I could have made the plaque smaller. Ill have to think about that for the next one. But this is my first one and I like it just the way it is.
Then thats what matters... I wouldn't take the opinion of on online persona to heart when dealing with your own trophies.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:06 AM
Typical Buck

I think it's awesome that you did it yourself, because it will always mean more to your dad that way. Every time your dad looks at that it will bring back memories of his hunt. The taxidermist would have done a mount that looked more perfect, more professional, and then it would have been like everybody else'-generic. Mine don't look like the taxidermist did them. And that's what I like about them.

My best friend shot his first turkey this year. I was lucky enough to call it in for him, and honored to be able to mount it for him. He loved the mount I made him, and said it means so much more to him because I did it for him.

If it's your trophy, it's supposed to make you happy, not anybody else. Congrats! And good job. Also, congrats on convincing mom to let you hang it up. My wife isn't as easy to convince

rw
Old 05-23-2010, 06:00 AM
Spike

Fine job Pope, it has a nice rustic look. Not to be duplicated.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hunt12ga
I think it's awesome that you did it yourself, because it will always mean more to your dad that way. Every time your dad looks at that it will bring back memories of his hunt. The taxidermist would have done a mount that looked more perfect, more professional, and then it would have been like everybody else'-generic. Mine don't look like the taxidermist did them. And that's what I like about them.

My best friend shot his first turkey this year. I was lucky enough to call it in for him, and honored to be able to mount it for him. He loved the mount I made him, and said it means so much more to him because I did it for him.

If it's your trophy, it's supposed to make you happy, not anybody else. Congrats! And good job. Also, congrats on convincing mom to let you hang it up. My wife isn't as easy to convince

rw
It was pretty hard to do. The first thing she said after I told her im putting it up was, "NO! I dont like the feet!" But me and my dad sweet talked her.
I just got my buck from this year back from the taxidermist and my mom was outside doing yard work so me and my dad snuck in, hung the deer somewhere on the wall in our living room, and sat down waiting for her to come in. She walked in the living room and saw the hammer and nails out and she said, "You guys better not be hanging things up!" I just smiled and she walked in the living room, took one look at the deer and turned around and gave a big sigh.

If your wife is into the antique type crap like my mom is, tell her that if you can't have your mounts then she can't have her antiques. It works for us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.