Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Gobbling & Strutting Hen >

Gobbling & Strutting Hen

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Gobbling & Strutting Hen

Old 05-18-2010, 03:15 PM
Spike

Default Gobbling & Strutting Hen

The last weekend of the season in Ohio and was one of the best I've had without even harvesting a bird. Saturday was the best with a Hen Strutt'n and Gobbling, yes gobbling and caught on video. I've had friends say Hens don't gobble...well I have proof. All caught on video while sitting in my new 3D personal ground blind Bush N a bag, check this unit out on Bush N a Bag.com.I love this suit. One of the best investments I've made. I had decoys set up, closer than I've had before and I couldn't run this hen off. She seemed to be so into the decoys. She strutted and gobbled for over a half hour before leaving. I've hunted turkeys for over 20 years and this was a first to witness....a gobbling hen.Sunday the last day of the season the same scenario except for the sex this time, real Toms. 2 came in at under 25 yards Gobbled,,the result was I let them walk. I felt good about it. And this was also a first. Hunting is not always about the harvest but about the experiences, and learning something new everytime you involve yourself with the outdoors, which I think builds the love for a passion most of us have. And this is something that can be passed on. Thats why I sharing my story...Sorry if I was long winded.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:25 AM
Fork Horn

Total spam. Unfortunately, I went to the website just to make sure. I hate to even say I did that, but you can have the peace of mind knowing that there is no video of the gobbling hen on their website. These kind of deceitful marketing tactic only backfire with me because there might have been something I would be interested in. But when someone out and out lies, it shows exactly what they and their company is made of and now I wouldn't buy any product from them regardless of whether or not I liked it. (By the way, it is lame to begin with).
Old 05-19-2010, 12:52 PM
Spike

SORRY Turk, It will be about a month and half. Waiting on other videos to come in from tv show. THANKS FOR THE FOOTAGE.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:58 PM
Spike

Default Whats bugging you?

Feeling a little mean today? No where in the post does it say go to the website and see the gobbling hen. It says go and see their video on the product. Just looks like you were out to slam them for some reason to me. Their web site is fine and the video is interesting. Seems to me you have way too negative a reply to not be harboring some ill will. Plus someone from the company replied saying they have the footage and it will be some time before its posted. I think you need to re-read the original post.

Originally Posted by Jackson Bowner
Total spam. Unfortunately, I went to the website just to make sure. I hate to even say I did that, but you can have the peace of mind knowing that there is no video of the gobbling hen on their website. These kind of deceitful marketing tactic only backfire with me because there might have been something I would be interested in. But when someone out and out lies, it shows exactly what they and their company is made of and now I wouldn't buy any product from them regardless of whether or not I liked it. (By the way, it is lame to begin with).
Old 05-19-2010, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

Very interesting. Id like to see the footage of the gobbling hen. Now lets not start arguing here. Keep it clean.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
arrow try to find videos by donnie kirby from maryland, he shows a gobbleing hen
RR
Ok I will look for them. Ive seen hens strut before but havent seen the gobbling yet by a hen. Thanks
Old 05-19-2010, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

You have to admit, it does sound like an advertisement. How many of us post a website about the clothing we were wearing during the hunt and the blind we were hunting in. I wonder if Kenny and Turk are the same person. My apologies Turk if you are just a fellow hunter trying to give us information about a product you like. BTW, I have seen hens spread their tail feathers. They are not strutting. They will do this when they are upset. Just watch one when a crow gets too close. I have never heard one gobble, but have heard about it.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:01 AM
Spike

OH the drama......LOL. This is pretty enjoyable. I do appreciate the feedback and comments of corrections and appologies accepted and negative opinions-but not being called a lyer. No I'm not Kenny from the company. Just a guy who, yes I did give the company a plug-didn't mean any harm, who likes the outdoors and was sharing my hunt. I'm just excited about what I'm using that has helped my hunting skills. I think everyone should talk about their equipment that is improving their capabiliites. Just be professional. Isn't that what fellow hunters, fisherman and all others in professions do? Have a terrific hunting season. Coyotes are on the list next. I'll catch-ya later,
Old 05-22-2010, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've seen plenty of hens strut... but most of the time the gobbling hens turn out to be real small jakes...
Old 05-31-2010, 08:39 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by kingvjack
I've seen plenty of hens strut... but most of the time the gobbling hens turn out to be real small jakes...
Well I agree and I've been hunting over 30 years and but it still amazes me that when you think you have seen everything... well as far as turkeys are concerned I've seen screaming hens, a hen that acted like a kildeer bird with a broke wing tactic to lure me away from the her nest, and even a morphadite bird my brother shot in Texas county Missouri 20 years ago. It weighed 10 pounds, had nubs for spurs, small blood red waddles on its neck, buff tipped hen feathers and an 11" beard !!! I've never seen a gobbling hen but I'm sure there are goofy hens out there that are a little confused... this may explain the following !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0BSNwaiTe0

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.