Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

No bird this weekend

Old 05-02-2010, 02:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default No bird this weekend

Well took a trip down to Ontario, Ohio to some newer property we got down there. My uncle and i went down last weekend and saw 4 Nice big Toms and 2 Amazing Hens with beards but we could never get good shots, Got it all on Video tho, Anyway we went down again this weekend.
Saturday we got back in the woods about 5:30am and no sooner did we get in blind, 3 gobblers and 1 Hen started going crazy in the trees behind us, we were pretty sure that the Hen was 1 with a beard. So we talked to them for a bit and got them Fired up more, about 6:30am we had 1 Hen fly down from infront of us that we didnt see, She came rite to us and she also didnt have a beard. So we Waited and waited for them gobbler and that hen to come down to, At about 7:00am (really late) they flew down but went the oppisite direction, that hole time them Birds were goin crazy. After that we didnt see anything at alllll....
Sunday, got back there about the same time and it just started to down poor, we got set up and didnt hear a thing. At about 6:30am again, a Jake flew OVER us and into a Corn field beside us and we didnt know till it was to late, He had went behind a small hill and vanished, About 5mins later, 8 Hens walked out of the woods Following him and not a single 1 had a beard. Rained all day, Was Cold and very Windy. Wasnt to great. at 12 we started home.
Got home, saw it rained and was now nice and sunny, So we decided to go find some Mushrooms, spent 5 hours looking for them in 3 diffrent spots and only found 1.
Guna have to go out this week and try to get me a Turkey and some Mushrooms.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Spike

Where at in ontario, ohio i hunter there this mornin and see a big one
Old 05-03-2010, 03:05 AM
Fork Horn

Really, idk where at to tell you lol. I just jump in the truck and sleep till we're at the woods. Ill find out and let you know. But ya there are some very nice turkey down there, iv noticed Deer down there with big Nubs already to.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Spike

ok. yeah there are alot of BIG turkeys and a few BIG deer and a couple REALLY BIG deer. I hunt over there alot
Old 05-03-2010, 11:30 AM
Fork Horn

Iv only been there twice so far, but i think ill be hunting there alot this year.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Spike

As spring migration heats up across the northern hemisphere every weekend is bringing more first-of-season birds through parks and backyards. Of course, these sightings will only matter to you unless you decide to share your best bird of the weekend.

Though Mike and I birded together for over half of the day on Sunday we came up with different best birds. Mike is convinced that he finally spotted his life Barred Owl with the aid of Laura Kammermeier, a sighting, which, if true, would put him ahead of me by one in the ABA. Fortunately for me, however, Mike’s sighting was of a stuffed animal that some cruel prankster put up in a tree, as you can see from the picture below.
.................................................. ..............................
CheapSEO