Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Youth Day a success

Old 04-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default Youth Day a success

My son killed a nice gobbler shortly after daybreak this morning. He weighed 22lbs 8ozs, matching 1&1/4" spurs and an 11" beard. He ran right up to our decoy and my boy stretched him out at about 8 yards. It sure was a sight watching that bird run across the field and attack Jake Mobile.

Last edited by Bigtimer; 04-04-2010 at 04:16 AM.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Dominant Buck

Awesome, was that in NC by chance?
Old 04-03-2010, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse
Awesome, was that in NC by chance?
Yes, it was youth day here in NC. How could you tell?
Old 04-04-2010, 03:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats to the boy real nice tom
Old 04-04-2010, 04:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default Nice Bird

Way to go guys. Memorys of a lifetim right there.

LOve the big smiles.
DB
Old 04-04-2010, 04:47 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats to your son!!! That's an awesome bird!!!!!

Kim
Old 04-04-2010, 04:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Bigtimer
Yes, it was youth day here in NC. How could you tell?
Just a guess. I took another boy out for his first time. It was a very quiet morning. All my birds I had picked out couldn't be found. My neighbor took my son out and they at least chased one around. Next weekend, going at it again.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

very good bird..is everyone besides me haven luck youth season??
Old 04-04-2010, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

CONGRATS to your son and thanks to YOU for doing your part in passing along this sport and tradition that we are all so passionate about!
Old 04-04-2010, 02:47 PM
Spike

20 Gauge Turkey Loads $6.97
Turkey Call $8.97
Turkey Decoy $38.97
Watching your 9 year old Daughter on her first Turkey hunt play (peek-a-boo) with a 20+lbs Gobbler at 6 feet Priceless.
I took my 9 year old Daughter on her first Turkey hunt Saturday. We creeped in to a hot spot I know where Turkeys roost and set up. Just before dawn the woods came to life three toms gobbled 40 yards from us. My little girl was grinning from ear to ear. And I thought this is going to happen she is going to get one. I told her it won't be long they will down out of the trees. When daylight came we could see the turkeys in the trees. Then they started flying down. We looked up the hill to see them come down but they never came. I told her we have to go there heading up to the next field. We hurried up to the next field to get ahead of them and just made it in time to get down. We could hear them just over the edge. She held her gun up where the sound was at and looked down the barrel. I had my hand on her back I could feel her shake and feel her heart pounding in her back. I pulled back her hammer.And she waited. About maybe 30 seconds when she got antsey and raised her head up at the same split second the Gobbler popped his head up at 6 feet away. The big Tom just took off down the hill. I told her not to worry about it. It happens to all of us. We have all been busted before. She started laughing she was amazed at how close he was. Then she said for me not to worry. We would get one next time. I told her I knew we would. I am looking forward to a great year with my new hunting partner.

Good Luck this year to all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.