Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Therma Cell

Old 03-29-2010, 02:10 PM
Spike

Therma Cell works WONDERS. I live, hunt, and fish in Florida and I'll not leave the house without it!
Here's a tidbit, you can stop buying the Conair refills and make your butane canister last 'almost' forever by following these simple instructions...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKb4YX_6Iw4
littlekid
Old 03-29-2010, 02:48 PM
Dominant Buck

I took my son turkey hunting for the first time last week..I bought an extra Therma cell at a garage sale for 1.00 { -: When I heard the mosquitoes I whispered for him to turn his Thermo on..After an hour I ask him how it worked..he said great..then he turned it off..like maybe there was no mosquitoes anyway..The mosquitoes moved in and he quickly turned it back on..and again they disappeared..He is now a beleiver of the Thermacell..

I love mine and always keep stocked up on refills.I liev in Florida..it's a must.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:34 PM
Typical Buck

I'm anxious to try it out, but if it doesn't warm up around here I don't think I'll have to worry about it!

rw
Old 03-29-2010, 11:13 PM
Dominant Buck

The down side..it aint cheap..I spend alot of money in FLorida for the refills. If you can find the holster get one as well..this will hold one extra fuel cannister and burning pads..plus the holster makes it easier to attach to your climber during archery..

I bought a 2nd one at a garage sale for 1.00..The man was royally ticked when he discovered his wife had marked one dollar on it..It also came with the fuel and burning pads..

It takes about 5 minutes to warm up..so during archery when I know the mosquitoes will be there...I turn it on 5 minutes early and attach it to the climber..When I reach the top of the tree it's
already ready to go..
Old 04-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the responses. I live in west TN and Our hunting property is a bottom adjacent to the Mississippi river so it is needed.