Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Therma Cell

Old 03-27-2010, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

To say it works is an understatement.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thermacell is no joke.... IT WORKS!!!
Old 03-27-2010, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is the 2nd most important thing for me to have with me, just in front of my weapon. Most important thing would be my clothes. Seriously though, it is an investment that you WILL NOT regret!
Old 03-28-2010, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, it works.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:26 PM
Spike

They work. I have one for hunting and fishing. I bought my wife the decrative table top one with a light in it for the backyard deck. Keeps my kids from getting eaten alive while playing in the sandbox too.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default thermacell works

They work great,I agree with the others & put upwind of you. some say that deer can smell them but I think the 1 deer that smells it is nothing to all the deer that will bust you because you are moving around swatting bugs. use it and u will notice when the butane cartridge runs out because the bugs attack. you can buy spare butane cartridges in the beauty dept. of large stores Connair sells them for butane powered curling irons. Mine stopped working after 4 years of long use. They have great cust service & rerpaired it at no cost. I also bought a spare so i'm never without.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:30 PM
Typical Buck

I was in Walmart today and they had the OFF model there on sale and I remembered that it was mentioned on here too. It was fairly cheap so I bought one and all the refills that they had left and it only set me back 15 bucks. I hope it works!

rw
Old 03-29-2010, 05:16 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Hunt12ga - If that Off! unit don't work and you don't like it I want to know so PM me.

I field tested that!

JW
Old 03-29-2010, 05:21 AM
JW
Super Moderator

How a Therma Cell works

Therma cell has an insecticide impregnated pad that is inserted over a metal surface which is then heated by butane element. It is a heat generated source that drives the isnecticide from the pad into the surrounding air. It is godd for a 15 sq ft area but as you can guess wind does play a factor on how it works. So use the wind to your advantage. I attach a nylon cord to the back grate of the unit in a large loop so I can hang on trees.

The insecticide pads are light blue in color and will turn smokey white when used up. You can get more life out of each pad if you take it out and seal tightly in aluminum foil.

As with any type of insecticide READ THE PRODUCT LABEL AND ALL WARNINGS!!

The OFF! device is battery operated - does not require heat - has a pad like insert - I tested prototypes and need to go buy a real one to see how the pad works.

Both do work.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

JW, explain a little more about wrapping the pads in aluminum foil to get more life out of them. Pretty sure it would be as simple as it sounds, but I want to be sure. Does it effect the preformance at all, by not allowing as much insecticide into the air?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.