Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Did TC make a Katahdin Turkey Barrel??? >

Did TC make a Katahdin Turkey Barrel???

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Did TC make a Katahdin Turkey Barrel???

Old 02-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default Did TC make a Katahdin Turkey Barrel???

Obviously I know the answer as I have one on my desk as we speak, but this is strange.

Bought the barrel in hardwoods camo in the spring of 2006. It is a crisp 20" long. Decided that I wanted to but a TruGlo Gobble Stopper on it this year. Got the scope and base last week. I am ready to go. Wrong. The barrel is not tapped to accept a scope base. So I call up TC service and they transfer me to the custom shop. Lady on the line is unfamiliar with my barrel and passes me on to one of the big wigs. He says that he is unaware that they ever made a 12 ga in the Katahdin line and that there is nothing in their catalog that indicates they ever made one. But he said that with it being stamped as it was that they obviously made it. So anyhow I am shipping it to them to get it tapped and they are going to research were it came from. He thinks it might have been a special order or something. Anyhow, I am searching the web and find nothing on a TC 12ga Katahdin Turkey Barrel. Have any TC guys stumbled across this barrel???
Old 02-09-2010, 04:40 AM
Typical Buck

I'm a TC guy but didn't realize they made anything other than their standard 24" Turkey BBL. Did it come with their standard fiber optic sights? With an interchangeable choke system? 20" would be mighty handy. Where did you find it? Keep us posted on what you find out.

Dan
Old 02-09-2010, 06:07 AM
Typical Buck

mfd1027,

Came exactly as you described. TC fiber optic sights, TC Arms removable choke that is ported. Stamped ENCORE from Rochester NH, the whole kit and kaboodle. Looks exactly like my dad's 24" barrel, but only 20" long. I love toting in through the woods. Got it from an outfitter online located near Columbus OH. Other than that, could not give you the name. Sorry.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:58 PM
Spike

Default t/c barrell

T/C,had it in one of the thier catalogs i saw in o5- 07 somewhere around then but defenitley was offered with the other barrells not a custom product.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

Did you check under the rear sight for the tapped holes? That is where they are on the standard 24" encore barrel.