Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

probably a dumb Q

Old 10-21-2009, 10:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default probably a dumb Q

do you use the same set-up as you would in spring
like hen decoy
and hen call(box slate or diaphram)?
thanks
-Mark D. II
Old 10-21-2009, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

In the fall the birds will generally be segregated to groups of hens with young birds and bachelor groups. If you are hunting for toms then I would recommend tom or jake decoys, and probably have a few of them in the fall.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:25 AM
Spike

In fall, generally you're going to want to spread a flock of turkeys out and call them in like the mother hen would. I'd set up a hen decoy and perhaps a couple young turkey decoys for the most success.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:55 AM
Fork Horn

I have never used decoys in the fall because I think it is more dangerous if your state allows rifles to be used in the fall season. That being said a hen decoy with a couple of others would probably work well because it is the old hen who assembles the flock after they are busted.