Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

He Flipped My Bird...

Old 04-28-2003, 03:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default He Flipped My Bird...

Opening day in Mass and I opted to try a group of vocal gobblers I' d been scouting. The good news is there are five or six of them that always talk. The bad news is they generally roost right on the edge of posted property (who knew they could read?), for which I have been unsuccessful in gaining access. On schedule, the main man sounded off and I set up. At one point, well before shooting light, he was gobbling as many as nine times without taking a breath. I heard another guy yelping on the other other side, clearly on the posted land (I saw his truck when I pulled in.) Mr. Big flew down, went his way, and walked into his setup. The other toms were gobbling much deeper in that property. I went " trolling" the other way and got an answering gobble after about two hours. I worked him in to 75 yards or so then he shut up. After a half-hour of soft clucks, I had to leave for work. I saw him (?) on the way out, with at least one hen. Maybe tomorrow....
Old 04-28-2003, 04:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: He Flipped My Bird...

thats part of hunting these days i guess...ive had it happen alot.....had people walk inbetween me and a hot bird running to the calls to bump him off of me....nothing you can really do except hunt where no one else does.....its a hard thing to do in some areas....good luck next time....
Old 04-28-2003, 04:29 PM

that sucks a big one, who_else
Old 04-28-2003, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

better than seeing no turkeys....hate those days......