Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 DougMD, Mr. Longbeard and any other MD hunters >

DougMD, Mr. Longbeard and any other MD hunters

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

DougMD, Mr. Longbeard and any other MD hunters

Old 04-27-2003, 02:06 PM

Default DougMD, Mr. Longbeard and any other MD hunters

Hey there my MD Brothers!!
Doug I want to first give you a big ole Congrats on your first Bird My Friend!!
I just wanted to contact you all and see where you all are from and what part of the state you all hunt?
I am from Taneytown MD just 20 minutes North East of Frederick.
I hunt mostly around home here in Carroll Co.
I am 39 years old and have been chasing Turkeys for this is my 4th Spring.
So far I have taken 2 Longbeards 1st was last season and the second was on April 18th of this year.
The birds around home here are still gobbling but not as much as they were a couple of weeks ago when we had those few warm days but maybe things will pick back up with warm temps. moving in for the first part of the week
I think that it would be neet to see where you all are from and share between us how the Birds are reacting in diff. parts of the state.
What do you say guys
Old 04-27-2003, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DougMD, Mr. Longbeard and any other MD hunters

well , i' m not them, but i' ll be more than happy to say hello
congrats on your birds......
i' ve hunted turkeys for 5 spring seasons now.....took me 4 years to get my first.....he was worth the wait though....almost got him mounted, but i decided i' d wait for an 11 in.beard.......have only taken 3 birds, but they are all nice birds , i was very blessed.....[:-]
i hunt public land in central florida.......lived in md., near indian head, wish i was introduced to hunting when i lived there ......a friend of mine in nanjemoy limited out the first 2 days , lucky bug that he is[&:][:-]and get this , the first had 2 beards.......waiting for pics now good luck to ya on the rest of your hunt......
the birds down here are still at it, watched 2 longbeards and 3 hens the other day...they put on a show that is for sure.......