Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

learning calls

Old 01-23-2002, 05:42 PM
Spike

Default learning calls

This is my first year hunting turkey,which call is easiest to learn on. how hard is a diaphram call to learn.
Old 01-23-2002, 05:55 PM

Default RE: learning calls

the easiest is the push pull box,or the lonesom hen by night and hale.the slate disk is not real hard to use.most any of the friction calls are not real hard to use.
the diaphram is the hardest to use,get one and put in your mouth and try to make sounds to start with,if you don't throw up or swolloer it you can learn to use it.get a couple of cheap ones and try them.thengo for the good ones.
good luck with whatever you get.

I am not a hunter I am a whitetail population reduction specialest

remember keep your back to the sun, your knife sharp, and your powder dry.
Old 01-23-2002, 05:59 PM
Typical Buck

..The easiest call to operate with sucess,would have to be the push button yelper,you push the button yelps are made,as far as the mouth call,some people pick it up easy useing this call,it would be best to get some good instrution tapes and video on the use of mouth calls,they will help you out, alot better than just reading instrutions....good luck.....

..JESUS IS COMING BACK BE READY...
Old 01-23-2002, 08:37 PM

I think a slate is the easiest. Primos makes an instruction tape for all their calls. I've learned alot from the turkeys themselves. I was serenaded by turkeys all this deer season. They were putting and kackling, kee-keeing and even gobbling. It was most awsome. I can hear turkeys now when I used to never hear them while deer hunting. Any time an owl hoots I listen for that gobble !!! IT'S BETTER THAN DRUGS !!!!
Old 01-24-2002, 04:24 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-24-2002, 05:01 PM

I would recommend the Little One Sider box call by Quaker Boy Game Calls. If you want a mouth call then the Beginners Double or Old Boss Hen by Quaker Boy are both good starter calls.

Ryan Tucker