Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

whats the best to get

Old 03-28-2009, 10:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default whats the best to get

well i been looking to replace my turkey call aftherit got stepped on by me this morring so now ineed a new oneand i was just woundering which is the best turkey call to get and has the best tone andresaults to it whencalling them in
Old 03-28-2009, 10:55 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: whats the best to get

for starters please tell me you have more then 1 and second what type of call are you tryin to replace
Old 03-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Fork Horn

yea i got a a other call but its a mouth call and the one i'm trying to replace is a wet and dry h.s strut box call that i stepped on i for got to put it in my vest before i got up
Old 03-28-2009, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

i love my new 20 anniversary hs strut box call. or i hear the wet box is pretty good
Old 03-28-2009, 11:07 AM
Typical Buck

i'll tell you what i know its a mass produuction call but the primos heartbreaker is a great call its loud and clear
just a great sounding call all together little pricey at about 44 dollars but well worth the money
Old 03-28-2009, 11:17 AM
Fork Horn

oh ok i'll take and look in on getting one then thanks for the info i knowe wal-mart has got alot but i didn't want to get a piece of junk like i did one year and it was nothing but junk and it was made out of cedar and had to sand it every time you get done useing it and put more calk on it
Old 03-28-2009, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't forget to get a pot call too, I picked up a primos jackpot with slate and it sounds great. This turkey huntingbug is just as bad as the archerybug, so while your there your going to need more mouth calls, one isn't enough. Since your going to Walmart I'd start with the H.S. Strut mouth calls, they come in multi-packs, you can get 5 calls for $17 (the raspy old hen is my favorite). You should also get an owl hooter, gobble tube, crow call and oh yeah, that new box call to replace the one that broke. Better yet get two in case of another emergency.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi, my name is Mike and I'm a turkeyholic.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:29 AM
Fork Horn

lol i hear that i'll go and look so i can see what i can buy thanks mike
Old 03-29-2009, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I had to pick just ONE call,..... it would have to be the Wood Haven Cherry Classic Crystal ! The most authentic sounding call I've ever heard and it's an absolute joy to play! If you don't have this call, you have no idea what you're missin' and IF you've never heard of this call, then you've been living under a rock or in a siberian salt mine!

WoodHaven Cherry Classic Crystal

THIS IS THE CALL USED TO WIN THE 2007 NWTF GRAND NATIONAL FRICTION CALLING COMPETITION, U.S.OPEN & WORLD TITLE. American turkey hunter's favorite glass type friction call. For sound and workmanship, there is no match. Many satisfied customers have told us of their success in the turkey woods, using this call. The Cherry Classic Crystal features a crystal playing surface over a wood sound board inside a beautiful cherry wood pot. Workmanship and finish hold to the WOODHAVEN tradition of top shelf craftsmanship. Yelps are high, raspy and urgent. Cutts are sharp, crisp and demanding. Includes Surface Conditioning Kit, Surface Saver Lid, 2 Hand Matched Strikers and a user and care Instructional DVD.