Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Primos Jake Mobile Decoy >

Primos Jake Mobile Decoy

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Primos Jake Mobile Decoy

Old 03-13-2009, 07:03 AM
Fork Horn

Default Primos Jake Mobile Decoy

Considering getting the Primos Jake model decoy, to use with my single she-mobile hen. Do you guys think this Jake with a hen is a good setup, or would a single hen be sufficient? Thanks!!
Old 03-13-2009, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Primos Jake Mobile Decoy

What works one day won't workthe next.
What one guy swears by, the other guy swears at.
There's no tellin' what's "sufficient" in turkey hunting.
Try different combo's.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just recently bought a B-Mobilestrutter, the tom, not the jake.The reason I bought it was because I got it for $39.99 at a localsporting goods store which is going out of business. I just couldn't pass it up. Iusually don't use decoyswhen I turkey hunt though, butI have had success when usingthem.Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Peck, I usually just use a hen or two when I do use dekes. I'm not saying don't buy it. At times, a strutter deke with a hen or two can work great, so it may be worth a shot.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's been my experience that it's nearly always more effective to add a Tom or Jake to your decoy set-up. My personal fav is the Pretty Boy and I can't stress how much more effective it has made us over the past couple seasons. Good luck and good huntin'
Old 03-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

I've been watching some primos turkey hunting videos the last few days. It seems like they use almost exclusively the B-mobile with some hens. Sure, they only show the good, but it seems like it works good. I've heard good things about the pretty boy, which is very similar to the b-mobile. good luck
Old 03-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Carrylite has both the Pretty Boy, and now the Peep'n Tom. The Peep'n Tom is the newest gobbler decoy from Carrylite and incorporates alot of the things the Pretty Boy had, but with even more. An adjustable beard, along with lifelike material, a smaller body size, revamped color scheme and a choice of two different heads. I did a review of this decoy a few weeks ago and I added a bunch of pictures. I'll post the link here and also bump the thread so its on top of the Turkey Forum.

Peep'n Tom Review --Click me!
Old 03-13-2009, 07:50 PM
Typical Buck

I don't always use decoys but whenI do I always use a Jake and one or two hens. I look at it this way if the Tom thinks he has competition for a hen I think he may come in more often than if he had no competition. Just my 2 cents.

I use Fether flex because they are easily put in my pack and they look good. I have had gobblers come in to my Jake and ignore the hen.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:21 AM
Fork Horn

Awesome. Thanks for the replies guys. I ordered the Jake-Mobile from Primos. I'm a little worried a full strut Tom might scare away some of the sub-dominant birds. I already have one She-Mobile and will probably add another before season to have a total of 2 hens and 1 jake. Thanks again guys!!!